Photos from this morning.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ash

05278244 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Pyracantha - I've had this thing maybe 7 years and only THIS year has it decided to flower - the fickle bastard.
05278255 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Korean hornbeam - finally looking healthy

05278260 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

05278261 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Prunus
05278293 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Rowan - Mountain Ash - I'd defoliated it a couple of weeks ago.
05278325 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Ivy
05278335 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

erb.75

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
man, too bad north america ash trees get eaten by the ash borer, otherwise i'd be inspired to get some

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
man, too bad north america ash trees get eaten by the ash borer, otherwise i'd be inspired to get some
There's a pretty easy and available insecticide for them. I wouldn't let the emerald ash borer stop you if you like the specie.
CW

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
As usual, your trees look great! How do you find working with the mountain ash? I was looking at some on a hike yesterday, but have never heard how they handle domestic life. Thanks!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
As usual, your trees look great! How do you find working with the mountain ash? I was looking at some on a hike yesterday, but have never heard how they handle domestic life. Thanks!
I find them really trivially simple trees. They grow their own nebari and have gnarly bark...

02182808 by Jerry Norbury, on Flickr

Daluke

Mame
Reaction score
I'm curious about the bark on your firethorn. The recent photos have the bark looking nice and smooth. I have a few of what I believe would have slightly larger trunks but the bark looks darker and dirtier. My question is do you give yours a toothbrush clean?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Your hornbeam is looking very happy. Nice photos as usual Jerry, thanks!

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Nice trees as always Jerry. Out of interest, do you feed yours before or after the spring push hardens off? what feed are you using?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm curious about the bark on your firethorn. The recent photos have the bark looking nice and smooth. I have a few of what I believe would have slightly larger trunks but the bark looks darker and dirtier. My question is do you give yours a toothbrush clean?
I always keep them relatively clean - but they've not been scrubbed or anything. This one was a Chinese import - so possibly a sub-cultivar.

Top Bottom