Photos or it didn't happen...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
That statement has been around for so long...now it is offensive. Even when it isn't pertaining to bonsai. Sorry, I'm not one to usually post off another topic. But...I'm befuddled here. I guess I offended someone by that statement. I feel bad that I did. But, I won't offend them any longer. That I can guarantee. But...I also like the quirky play on words...and don't plan on deleting from my cometary here. So...the one asked I ignore him. Which I obliged his request.

Anyone else find that comment derogatory!?! Because if you put that statement in the search engine...it's been used many times over. Trying to mull over how one can find offense to a statement...when I asked of a photo unrelated to bonsai.

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
That statement has been around for so long...now it is offensive. Even when it isn't pertaining to bonsai. Sorry, I'm not one to usually post off another topic. But...I'm befuddled here. I guess I offended someone by that statement. I feel bad that I did. But, I won't offend them any longer. That I can guarantee. But...I also like the quirky play on words...and don't plan on deleting from my cometary here. So...the one asked I ignore him. Which I obliged his request.

Anyone else find that comment derogatory!?! Because if you put that statement in the search engine...it's been used many times over. Trying to mull over how one can find offense to a statement...when I asked of a photo unrelated to bonsai.
I see nothing offensive about that phrase. On contrary, I thought it is funny.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It really helps if you take the time to provide context. As it is now, I don't have a clue what you are talking about??? If it is that you want, to share esoteric information from another source gleaned from another era it might be better shared in a PM rather than a general post to the entire forum. That's like laughing at a joke only two have heard.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It really helps if you take the time to provide context. As it is now, I don't have a clue what you are talking about??? If it is that you want, to share esoteric information from another source gleaned from another era it might be better shared in a PM rather than a general post to the entire forum. That's like laughing at a joke only two have heard.
Sorry, I wasn't thinking others wasn't on the same page as I. When you can't honestly read my mind...I offended one because I asked to see a photo of a snake. I have a snake...so snakes interest me. I asked for a photo. But by asking as "PHOTO OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN"... I offended the poster. He doesn't like ones to comment on his photos I need to have faith in what he posts.

I can see someone talking negatively in a way toward his trees that some take it personal...but, to have an issue with posting a photo of a snake. I'm scratching my head over. How is that offensive!?! It's a snake...nothing to do with a direction you've taken with a tree.

But, then I wonder...is the entire statement offensive to others...taken out of context here even. It's been said in pure jest for years. Do others take offense if it's used in context of their trees? His comment had me thinking a broader range...which is why I posted this thread.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think if it is in reference to something the person has in their possession, then all good! I would only find it annoying if it related to an anecdotal story, where a photo is impossible. Weird they would ask you to ignore them...

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Over the years I have met people here, and in other places, that have their shoes on to tight, and their pants hicked up too high. They cannot accept that someone else can have an opinion and it may not be theirs.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@Vance Wood Maybe I'm mistaken...maybe he didn't ask me to put him on the ignore...but he felt I was demanding him to do something. Still scratching my head over it. Might he pop on and enlighten me. It was a silly request of a photo of a snake.
Cadillactaste... I don't post photos because "comments are NOT welcomed" about what I do... and if you don't have the faith that I am honest in what I do contribute to the forum, feel free to ignore me; I encourage anyone else who DEMANDS things from me to do the same.

Posting a photo of a snake I don't find challenging...after all. Here's mine. Out enjoying a nice warm summer day.
image.jpg

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It is possible you have taken this out of proportion to intent. Those things will reveal themselves as time goes by, they always do.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
It is possible you have taken this out of proportion to intent. Those things will reveal themselves as time goes by, they always do.
Possibly...I hope so. I never intended to offend. I rarely ask that question to a newbie of their trees either. But...the topic was snakes. I used to have a fear of them. Then, as most know I over came that fear with tons of research. Now, own one for a pet. I am curious what the snake looks like. Is it a young snake...or one more mature. That is all. I'm sort of hoping this thread...clears the air. And if I misinterpreted the fella. Then we can start again...and...to see the snake photo. Snakes are really cool. I'm fascinated with hognose snakes.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
"Pix or it didn't happen!!!" in a harmless ribbing context is more popular some places than others, I guess.

I read it more in places where people are mostly way under 40 and the topics aren't terribly serious.
Bingo!
Exactly!
It's a millennial thing...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Maybe it was the ALL CAPS? That's supposed to mean yelling or getting loud, and can change the tone of the written word and the message being conveyed.

btw, I cannot believe I just wrote that.
You know...that is true. I put a smilie emoji on...but apparently I used my keyboard...and not the tab one above it, because it didn't show up going back to look.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Darlene,

the aliens just stole all of the Bonsai on the backyard. Big saucer tooooooooo:eek::eek::eek:

Sorry no photos, as it was so exciting!!!!!!
Good Day
Anthony :D:D:D

* Relax, have a cuppa [ of white tea, maybe a little honey from seagrape and buttonwood flowers] and a chuckle.:cool:

http://preraphaelitesisterhood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Veronica_Veronese1.jpg

Where the musician stops to listen to the bird [ nature ]
Isn't she stunning ?
K has a big reproduction up in his living room.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm fascinated with hognose snakes
Another gentle snake. They eat just toads. They have 2 long teeth in the back of their mouth to pop them when the toad puffs up.
They strike at you but don't open their mouths to bite. When that fails they play dead. Tongue hanging out and everything.
I had one. Called it an American cobra.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's in reference to SKbonsaiguys thread called imagine my surprise Vance.
He acted like a real jewel. Or tool.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Darlene,

the aliens just stole all of the Bonsai on the backyard. Big saucer tooooooooo:eek::eek::eek:

Sorry no photos, as it was so exciting!!!!!!
Good Day
Anthony :D:D:D

* Relax, have a cuppa [ of white tea, maybe a little honey from seagrape and buttonwood flowers] and a chuckle.:cool:

http://preraphaelitesisterhood.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Veronica_Veronese1.jpg

Where the musician stops to listen to the bird [ nature ]
Isn't she stunning ?
K has a big reproduction up in his living room.
I don't do SciFi...I'm into snakes...have several in our book nook. A few coffee table books that I tucked away because not all guests are as accepting.

Top Bottom