Photos or it didn't happen...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Another gentle snake. They eat just toads. They have 2 long teeth in the back of their mouth to pop them when the toad puffs up.
They strike at you but don't open their mouths to bite. When that fails they play dead. Tongue hanging out and everything.
I had one. Called it an American cobra.
An American cobra by the way they flatten their necks and give the appearance of one. Semi hot in the snake world...but not to humans unless allergic. Which is why I don't have one. My son is allergic to everything grown in the garden by skin contact...and Mosquitos. So not worth it. Though it would have to really chew on him...with the fangs at the back of this mouth. But not worth the risk...very very cool snake. And you are knowledgable...they strike but never open their mouths.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
That's retarded. I don't have the power to offend anyone; "you" have the choose to be offended.
I choose to be offended over lots of this PC BS. I usually respond with mockery, but I have no pix, so it didn't happen!

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Darlene,

yuh gets a thin bamboo stick, and puts under half the body, says -------- the lizards around the Bonsai are mine
and then with a flick the snake goes to the bamboo hedge. Flying but unharmed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxybelis_aeneus

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4099/4865936147_a3982b3915_b.jpg

Good Day
Anthony

Your words...I read them a few times over finding amusement...

You speak a my language! VERY COOL SNAKE I'VE NOT SEEN BEFORE! The Mexican vine snake.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
5A
That's retarded. I don't have the power to offend anyone; "you" have the choose to be offended.
I choose to be offended over lots of this PC BS. I usually respond with mockery, but I have no pix, so it didn't happen!
Oh, the irony. I agree with your post yet the 2nd word makes me cringe. :eek:

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh c'mon... my parents ran a group home for adults with Down's Syndrome when I was a kid, and I'm not even cringing....that's PC getting to you....
No. Don is correct. I have two "developmentally disabled" brothers and while Mentally Retarded was once an acceptable description, retarded never was and certainly isn't any longer.
CW

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
(((Sigh))) Actually it's a word I never allowed spoken in my house. Any word that can bring another down, make fun of another...or curse words weren't allowed spoken by my kids or anyone who entered my home. But...It is a term that is loosely used by many. This isn't my house. I hate seeing discord among us. That was never my intention of this post. I've a lot going on right now...and, the forum is my getaway from things that I can't control.

So...I'm NOT going to let one who can't post a picture of a snake offend me...nor, will I offend him any longer. ( Sorry @sorce but the magical bunny peace pot got broken I think.) Gotta love the features that are now in effect. Because...I think @M. Frary nailed it awhile back pegging this one. He only had the balls to put it into text. I'm so over it...I think ones know by now I didn't mean to offend...and, knew that from the get go. I know at the end of the day...this won't be keeping me from sleep. There are more pressing matters than this ridiculous "She hurt my feelings because she wanted to see a picture of a snake" bit get blown out of portion. Honestly its so beyond childish. I may have fed that by this thread. But...With all that is going on. It's all I can do as to NOT bite someones head off at the little things that really don't matter. More things in life...than such a ridiculous things to let one eat the others lunch.

That is all...Love my quirky friends here.

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
I personally don't see anything offensive about the pics or it didn't happen phrase but it could be possible that the person who was offended has never heard it and felt like you were calling them a liar.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I personally don't see anything offensive about the pics or it didn't happen phrase but it could be possible that the person who was offended has never heard it and felt like you were calling them a liar.
Honestly...I'm so over it. I have more going on in my life than mess with such trivial childish behavior. I only wish this was the bulk of what I'm dealing with. But...in the big picture of things I've no time to even try to make heads or tails of it. I've had a few tell me it's norm with this one...telling me their run ins with him. So, there is more here than meets the eye. ;) but I appreciate your taking the time to offer up clarity.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Never heard of the guy...my husband knew some of his lines. We both were laughing. We both needed a good heartfelt laugh. So thanks for that! He was surprised I never heard of him. But growing up...we was allowed to watch 1 TV show a day. Because grandma swore it would make us go blind if we watched more... My choice was Dukes of Hazzard. So if he was on back then...he didn't my my cut.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Never heard of the guy...my husband knew some of his lines. We both were laughing. We both needed a good heartfelt laugh. So thanks for that! He was surprised I never heard of him. But growing up...we was allowed to watch 1 TV show a day. Because grandma swore it would make us go blind if we watched more... My choice was Dukes of Hazzard. So if he was on back then...he didn't my my cut.
You never heard of Rodney Dangerfield?

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
No. Don is correct. I have two "developmentally disabled" brothers and while Mentally Retarded was once an acceptable description, retarded never was and certainly isn't any longer.
CW
Alright alright... I don't want fight about it ...but.. ..I just don't agree with the word police.....
Our first amendment is not to protect PC speech, it's to protect offensive speech. It's freedom and I don't have a problem with words, they're just words.
Sticks and stones....and thick skin and all that....you know.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So I finally got to reading this whole thread.....

It's clear to me that the internet "yelling", and lack of smily which was intended, are the culprits. Just a misunderstanding.

Kind of clear that SKB has been wanting to say that for a while though too...

Either way...

I thought dude was rude way back...
But then he dipped out for a while...

And has since only had interesting stuff to share, and politely.
I've seen him go out of his way to think to help, and he shares a few threads on the Tea House...which is the right place!

Another, just because he enjoys our community in his own way doesn't make him a bad person, or worth having on ignore.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
But I guess most importantly.....

We never know how familiar any one is with a "saying" we use...

There is a smiley one with smileys holding a sign that says "pics or it didn't happen".....

That's more appropriate to get a message across, that it's a joke....

Where the accidental "yelling" and ommission of smily makes it completely opposite!

Especially if SK has never heard that before!

But our understanding of this communication method is still growing...

So I appreciate this thread!

Sorce

Top Bottom