Photos or it didn't happen...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
So I finally got to reading this whole thread.....

It's clear to me that the internet "yelling", and lack of smily which was intended, are the culprits. Just a misunderstanding.

Kind of clear that SKB has been wanting to say that for a while though too...

Either way...

I thought dude was rude way back...
But then he dipped out for a while...

And has since only had interesting stuff to share, and politely.
I've seen him go out of his way to think to help, and he shares a few threads on the Tea House...which is the right place!

Another, just because he enjoys our community in his own way doesn't make him a bad person, or worth having on ignore.

Sorce
I honestly feel he wished me to ignore him. I've not seen anything he's written since putting his name on the ignore. But from speaking with others in PM...what they have also dealt with scenarios played out. Honestly...it's the last of my concern today. Today is going to be a very difficult day for us as a family. And...I'm not waisting any energy elsewhere on something so trivial. In the big picture of things...I just don't have the empethy to care at the moment. I get you're the peace maker at heart. But...honestly...I have no grudge with the fella. I just don't have time, or emotional energy in my life right now to deal with such. It doesn't hurt the either of us to have him on my ignore. So...water under the bridge my friend. The Lord gave me air in my lungs...and I woke today. Heading to the bus stop...my son pointed out the Big Dipper as we headed to the jeep. Little things like that...are actually big right now. And...I'm so over this.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Never heard of the guy...my husband knew some of his lines. We both were laughing. We both needed a good heartfelt laugh. So thanks for that! He was surprised I never heard of him. But growing up...we was allowed to watch 1 TV show a day. Because grandma swore it would make us go blind if we watched more... My choice was Dukes of Hazzard. So if he was on back then...he didn't my my cut.
You never heard of Rodney Dangerfield!? I am either getting really old or you are just out of diapers. One of the greatest comics to ever walk the face of the earth.
I honestly feel he wished me to ignore him. I've not seen anything he's written since putting his name on the ignore. But from speaking with others in PM...what they have also dealt with scenarios played out. Honestly...it's the last of my concern today. Today is going to be a very difficult day for us as a family. And...I'm not waisting any energy elsewhere on something so trivial. In the big picture of things...I just don't have the empethy to care at the moment. I get you're the peace maker at heart. But...honestly...I have no grudge with the fella. I just don't have time, or emotional energy in my life right now to deal with such. It doesn't hurt the either of us to have him on my ignore. So...water under the bridge my friend. The Lord gave me air in my lungs...and I woke today. Heading to the bus stop...my son pointed out the Big Dipper as we headed to the jeep. Little things like that...are actually big right now. And...I'm so over this.
I detected a tragedy in the tone of your post. I hope all is well.

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Never heard of the guy...my husband knew some of his lines. We both were laughing. We both needed a good heartfelt laugh. So thanks for that! He was surprised I never heard of him. But growing up...we was allowed to watch 1 TV show a day. Because grandma swore it would make us go blind if we watched more... My choice was Dukes of Hazzard. So if he was on back then...he didn't my my cut.

This made me laugh as much as Rodney and even more.

If not, there's a telephone number at the bottom of the screen you can call.

Both Rodney and Robin, legends In Their own right.

And your grandma was right.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You never heard of Rodney Dangerfield!? I am either getting really old or you are just out of diapers. One of the greatest comics to ever walk the face of the earth.

No, never heard of him...I'm not just out of diapers...lol I'm 45. Just led a sheltered life I imagine. Farm life as a child...so to much things to do than watch TV. We didn't do comedians. I didn't even know about Bill Cosby as a comedian until I married. My husband quoted his lines. As do my kids since we have his tapes.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
This made me laugh as much as Rodney and even more.

If not, there's a telephone number at the bottom of the screen you can call.

Both Rodney and Robin, legends In Their own right.

And your grandma was right.
I'm glad you found amusement...I just softly smile when I think of it and her take on TV. We had to sit as far from the TV as possible as well. Lol
I'm not a huge of TV now...there are very few shows I enjoy. It might be why I'm more of a book person...who knows. But yes, grandma was one smart lady.

f1pt4

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm glad you found amusement...I just softly smile when I think of it and her take on TV. We had to sit as far from the TV as possible as well. Lol
I'm not a huge of TV now...there are very few shows I enjoy. It might be why I'm more of a book person...who knows. But yes, grandma was one smart lady.

I'm not kidding. I actually think your grandma was right. Literally and proverbially.

I'm not a TV person myself. I don't even own a TV. What century is this again? I'm a few year younger than you, not much. Inner city life rearing, but I grew up on comedy. On the radio. On TV. In life in general.

As someone said somewhere here, I think it was @sorce earlier this week. [SIC] If you can't take ball busting, you're gonna have a tough time here.

Your grandma did seem smart.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm not kidding. I actually think your grandma was right. Literally and proverbially.

I'm not a TV person myself. I don't even own a TV. What century is this again? I'm a few year younger than you, not much. Inner city life rearing, but I grew up on comedy. On the radio. On TV. In life in general.

As someone said somewhere here, I think it was @sorce earlier this week. [SIC] If you can't take ball busting, you're gonna have a tough time here.

Your grandma did seem smart.
No tv...but some sort of way with technology to be on a forum. I hear you...when my husband went on his second mission trip to Africa. He was gone two weeks. The boys nor myself had turned the TV on the entire time he was gone. He was shocked to see ESPN was the channel up when he turned it on. Can't imagine life as an inner city dweller. I'm so very rural minded. Lived in a town when we first were married...not quite a year. Could never get used to all the noises,sirens and such at night. But my grandma...she was an ornery one. She was a trickster...playing pranks. Dealing with my very picky eating habits and getting me to eat. I was blessed to have both her and my grandpa part of my life so closely.

Yes, one needs a bit of thicker skin to do any social online group. But right now...I have little patience for it (it being those who aren't cut out for it and are thin skinned.) , Vance hit the nail on the head. Our family is going through a tragedy. Don't wish to get into the details,wasn't going to say anything...but, crying "she wants me to post a photo of a snake" boo hoo...I have little to no tolerance for. He may or may not have a snake...he might be a good story teller. To be honest...either or. I honestly don't give a rats behind. What trivial childish behavior. So if I seem a bit more hard...it's because this crap isn't the all or be all that keeps my center of my universe revolving. I enjoy the friendships I've developed here...and this is a good breather from other things. My trees take my mind away from the bigger woes going on. But...I won't waist my time on trivial childish "she asked for a photo of a snake" not of a tree...fearful to be critiqued. But a reptile...think about it. It's ludicrous!

Last edited:

thumblessprimate1

Masterpiece
Reaction score
That statement has been around for so long...now it is offensive. Even when it isn't pertaining to bonsai. Sorry, I'm not one to usually post off another topic. But...I'm befuddled here. I guess I offended someone by that statement. I feel bad that I did. But, I won't offend them any longer. That I can guarantee. But...I also like the quirky play on words...and don't plan on deleting from my cometary here. So...the one asked I ignore him. Which I obliged his request.

Anyone else find that comment derogatory!?! Because if you put that statement in the search engine...it's been used many times over. Trying to mull over how one can find offense to a statement...when I asked of a photo unrelated to bonsai.

I'm not offended, so I'm watching this video

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
>>Too bad the little undisciplined trailer park trash bastard that jumped in didn't die too.

I take my kids to a similar set-up at a Chicago area zoo, and let me tell you...it's nerve wracking. The guard rails themselves are goddamn kid magnets. I really can't fathom why plexi-glass couldn't be a thing in there. No other exhibit has a set-up where the threshold is so enticing to climb on. It's a bizarre set-up from a parental perspective.

Also, my zoo in question also had a kid drop into the pit some years back. But a friendly female ape took charge, and nobody gave the parents too much shit about it because people were focused on the gorilla heroics instead.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rookfield-zoo-anniversary-20160815-story.html

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Gorillas shouldn't be in a zoo period. Nor chimpanzees.
It's jail for no other reason than to make money from people who can't appreciate just seeing them on National Geographic.
I went to SeaWorld once. I walked in,saw the look in the Orcas eye and left.
Literally made me cry. I'm glad they're in financial trouble. Serves them right.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Gorillas shouldn't be in a zoo period. Nor chimpanzees.
It's jail for no other reason than to make money from people who can't appreciate just seeing them on National Geographic.
I went to SeaWorld once. I walked in,saw the look in the Orcas eye and left.
Literally made me cry. I'm glad they're in financial trouble. Serves them right.

I knew people who worked at the zoo police department, and it's understood by the curators that life pretty much sucks for many of the animals. It's not about the public, it's not about money per se, it's about enabling their research and conservation of the wild animals. I'm talking about the not-for-profit zoological societies, not necessarily the profiteers.

The ones in captivity are basically the sacrificial lambs and everyone running the place knows it. But they think the ends justify the means. I guess it's a matter of opinion whether or not that's true.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
and everyone running the place knows it. But they think it's worth it for the agendas with the actual wildlife.
And that's where they're wrong. An animal in captivity is not in the wild so they don't act the same.
The only agenda zoos and circuses have is their wallets.
They can say what they want but it's all about the money.
They've had plenty of time to do research.
What more do we need to know?
And people need to keep their kids on a tighter leash. I bet if little Johnny had been disciplined right earlier in his life we wouldn't even be having this talk. Too many prizes for just participating not enough swats.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I'm not saying they are studying the animals in captivity (although, I suppose that's part of it), I'm saying the point is to take their trips into the wild etc etc.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
>>And that's where they're wrong. An animal in captivity is not in the wild so they don't act the same.

True.

>>The only agenda zoos and circuses have is their wallets.

Some.

>>They can say what they want but it's all about the money.

Sometimes. Sometimes it's money + using that money for conservation and research. A not-for-profit has FOIAable records and trustees, so it's not really a mystery.

>>They've had plenty of time to do research.
>>What more do we need to know?

I don't know.

>>And people need to keep their kids on a tighter leash.

True.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm not saying they are studying the animals in captivity (although, I suppose that's part of it), I'm saying the point is to take their trips into the wild etc etc.
At the rate it's going there may not be a wild for very much longer.
Maybe not buy a couple extra nukes and put that money toward research.
Quit deregulating coal and oil production.
I also like the new idea of setting the German Shepherds loose on poachers. Did you see that last week on the news?
They parachute drop them in on the poachers to rip some ass! They said they do an 80% better job than wardens.
They may lose a few dogs but that dog will be doing what it was meant and trained and loved to do.

Top Bottom