Picked up a few plants this weekend. Wanted to get thoughts on using these plants

DhD47

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I was at the store this weekend and I got a bunch of mugo pines and I felt like I wanted to try something else as well. I picked up 2 other plants and I wanted to know others thoughts on these as I didn't see much on-line about them as bonsai plants.

I got a Pacific Blue and a Blue Star Junipers. Will these be good to work with? I figure I will at least get more practice on them. I want to know why wouldn't they be considered good plants for bonsai as they look like they will work as something good to work from. I don't have good photos now but will upload some as soon as I get good photos.

Thanks,
Dave

Vin

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yes, they are used in bonsai. I have a couple Pacific Blues I'm working on now. However, they both have a long way to go. The foliage on both the Pacific Blue and Blue Star lends itself to a Pine-like look.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I never find any good Pacific Blues around here. I love the foilage, though it seems to lend itself to a larger bonsai.

I am of the belief that anything, given proper thought, can make a good bonsai.

But....

"You have to work with a horse(tree), not against it" - Man from Snowy River

Sorce

Top Bottom