Pics of my overwintering

Colorado

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Nice setup! My only critique would be that I would probably take the outside trees off the benches and place directly on the ground.

I am going to be bringing some of mine into the garage soon too since we are supposed to get down into the teens next week. 👍🏼

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thanks. If I put them on ground they'd be 10'off back of garage, otherwise on concrete. Not much sun out back this time of year and I'm not sure about the concrete vs benches. I do know this worked well (didn't lose any) doing this before so I lean on that. You could be correct as the better option though...and i read it's temp variation that hurts plants vs absolute temps. Would be a good science project

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Thanks. If I put them on ground they'd be 10'off back of garage, otherwise on concrete. Not much sun out back this time of year and I'm not sure about the concrete vs benches. I do know this worked well (didn't lose any) doing this before so I lean on that. You could be correct as the better option though...and i read it's temp variation that hurts plants vs absolute temps. Would be a good science project
There are absolutely no issues storing trees on concrete unless standing water is an issue there. My new outdoor storage area here in zone 6 MI is a patio made out of concrete pavers... I couldn't be happier. I'd have your trees on the ground and plan on mulching the pots by the end of the year.

Top Bottom