Pine haul from local nursery

Wattsy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I got these today jwp Pinus mugo pinus armandii pinus cembra and bristlecone pine I have 10 different types of pine now I just can’t stop finding other types and cultivars not all will be suitable but those that aren’t will go to my fathers house and be planted on his land as garden trees

Attachments

• 17C67879-EA68-48E8-8C29-664AD7156767.jpeg
    17C67879-EA68-48E8-8C29-664AD7156767.jpeg
    354.8 KB · Views: 75

Wattsy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I am not sure really most of the really good trees I’ve seen that make me stop in my tracks are pines I have real soft spot for yew and juniper also but juniper here in the uk always looks very similar to conifers I remember as a kid and everybody was struggling to cope with huge growth and unmanageable trees I like procumbens small foliage where in the uk could you get the Japanese’s cultivars I don’t know I love all trees really I’ve got lots of other stuff just love pines

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I am not sure really most of the really good trees I’ve seen that make me stop in my tracks are pines I have real soft spot for yew and juniper also but juniper here in the uk always looks very similar to conifers I remember as a kid and everybody was struggling to cope with huge growth and unmanageable trees I like procumbens small foliage where in the uk could you get the Japanese’s cultivars I don’t know I love all trees really I’ve got lots of other stuff just love pines
ah I see, you love pine bonsais, fair enough. Where I am in London I just dont see pines, junipers, larches, but I see loads of deciduous trees and yew trees, hence my love for any of those. I like spruce and cypress too, i would take a spruce or hinoki over a pine any day, thats maybe because ive had experience with spruce and cypress, they often have them available in the nurseries with good sized trunks. maybe one day ill try a mugo or scots pine. I like the foliage on cryptomeria too

Wattsy

Yamadori
Reaction score
I like all the tree you mention I live in Kent uk we have lots of yew round here and some very old ones I get a picture of my favaeite next time I am up there most of the other trees round here are chestnut and beech leaves are huge never seen a bonsai of one leaves are too big I suppose there are some very nice Hawthorn round here but I don’t really like them as a tree I like them more as bonsai we have willow and silver birch but no old ones and oak we have some real old ones that look great

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I like all the tree you mention I live in Kent uk we have lots of yew round here and some very old ones I get a picture of my favaeite next time I am up there most of the other trees round here are chestnut and beech leaves are huge never seen a bonsai of one leaves are too big I suppose there are some very nice Hawthorn round here but I don’t really like them as a tree I like them more as bonsai we have willow and silver birch but no old ones and oak we have some real old ones that look great
what part of Kent? theres a few places I visit up that way for material ive probably been to most worthwhile nurseries up there, you should check out walnut on istead rise, most of the hornbeams are gone now though, but they do have some larger ones going for £300 upwards, those are far too big to get in my car. coblands in seven oaks is another one, but they stopped doing large stuff now. i had trade cards at both.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
this was from walnut

what nursery did you get the pines from, what are their hornbeams like? maybe i know the place

Wattsy

Yamadori
Reaction score
It was a place in lingfield I’ll have look when I get home the mame of the place

Wattsy

Yamadori
Reaction score
this was from walnut

what nursery did you get the pines from, what are their hornbeams like? maybe i know the place
Love the hornbeam

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
It was a place in lingfield I’ll have look when I get home the mame of the place
ok i think i know it, he usually has lots of conifers, pines, spruces. sort of on the route to herons, on the left if coming from my direction.

Wattsy

Yamadori
Reaction score
ok i think i know it, he usually has lots of conifers, pines, spruces. sort of on the route to herons, on the left if coming from my direction.
That’s the one very nice bloke had a lovely chat with him and spent a couple hours there

Top Bottom