Pine seedlings

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
I am down to my final seedlings of the year. I have about 25-30 1 year old japanese black pine seedlings for sale. $2 a piece for however many you want. Then, I have about 25 two year old scots pine seedlings(Spanish variety) for sale. Finally, about 25 two year old japanese black pine seedlings for sale. These were not grown via the cutting technique, but their root systems aren't too bad considering. According to Jonas' recent blog post, you might want to buy both depending on the size of the tree you are after! Pm me and I can give you shipping estimates and final prices. Shipping should be ten bucks for the most part.

Patrick

I will post some photos tomorrow.

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Ok, still have about 40 of the seedling cutting JBPs. Here is a picture of one of them. Still $2 a piece, and $8-12 to ship depending on where you are. Unless you are in CA, it will be ten bucks or less. As you can see, low buds, and perfect starts to future nebari.

Attachments

• photo 11.jpg
    photo 11.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 108
  • pine).jpg
    pine).jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 84

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Bareroot. And as you can see, the candles are elongating. This one, and the ones i potted up, woke up a bit before the others. Still OK to ship them, but that window will be closed in 2 weeks.

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Ok, I have 15-20 JBP seedling cuttings left. I will sell for $1.25 a piece plus shipping. Save yourself the trouble of sowing seed, cutting roots off, and gain a growing season while you are at it! All for just a buck and a quarter.

RickMartin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
If you do this again next year please post. I will take some

Rick

pwk5017

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6/7
Rick,

Thanks for the interest. I did start another crop this year. I was waiting for everything to go dormant, which will be soon. Message me with how many you want, and I will send you an invoice when I am ready to ship. Thanks

Patrick

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you do this again next year please post. I will take some

Rick

Rick, are you after JBP or scotch pine? If scotch pine I more than likely have a few in the spring. Not seedlings. Life is too short for me personally for that stuff. I have maybe 25 in the ground that I have to dig up. From a half an inch to maybe 3 inches. Give you a real good deal. Like free. I don't have JBP. Just don't think they would do very good here.

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought 25 or so JBP seedlings from Patrick this spring after seeing the thread on developing black pines in colanders. Amazingly, all survived and were quite vigorous in growth this year, even with the tap roots cut off. They start off a little floppy, but perk up very quickly. I had some even put out multiple flushes of candles.

Just thought I'd pass that info along as a very happy customer.

RickMartin

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Rick, are you after JBP or scotch pine? If scotch pine I more than likely have a few in the spring. Not seedlings. Life is too short for me personally for that stuff. I have maybe 25 in the ground that I have to dig up. From a half an inch to maybe 3 inches. Give you a real good deal. Like free. I don't have JBP. Just don't think they would do very good here.

I may have messed up. I would be interested in a scotch pine. Now I need to see if I can find a good home for this little JBP

Rick

Last edited:
Top Bottom