PIT-EKA bonsai containers

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Very nice as always pitoon! You certainly have a gift for making trees look good 😁

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thanks! Unfortunately this one took twice as long to make.
Generally handbuilding is going to take longer than throwing. I can throw a mid size simple bowl shape in 5 minutes but making that bowl into a bonsai pot takes significantly longer. Handbuilding is a whole different animal when you aim for the clean lines your pots exhibit.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey!!!!!!

It's a trilogy!!!
Now we know most great movies come is series of three... LOTR and the Hobbit, the original Star Wars, The Dark Knight, Blade, Back to the Future... maybe @Pitoon can take this one to Harry Potter level (Potter... get it? 🤣)

jokes aside, yes please! More of those.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey!!!!!!

It's a trilogy!!!
Now we know most great movies come is series of three... LOTR and the Hobbit, the original Star Wars, The Dark Knight, Blade, Back to the Future... maybe @Pitoon can take this one to Harry Potter level (Potter... get it? 🤣)

jokes aside, yes please! More of those.
Had to start another thread as this one is built by hand. Now I have threads for all my pots, lol

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hey! A nice masculine shohin pot! :) Compared to your other work, this one looks much heavier. How thick are the walls?
Thanks! Had to switch it up, need some variety to offer at the National show 😁 . Greenware as is upper lip about 1/2" and the walls 1/4". Cone 6 is 12% shrinkage while Cone 10 is 14%, so it will get smaller just a tad bit. I'm leaning toward firing this at Cone 10.

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Thanks! Had to switch it up, need some variety to offer at the National show 😁 . Greenware as is upper lip about 1/2" and the walls 1/4". Cone 6 is 12% shrinkage while Cone 10 is 14%, so it will get smaller just a tad bit. I'm leaning toward firing this at Cone 10.
Look forward to it! Are you going to glaze it?

Top Bottom