PIT-EKA Dwarf Chrysanthemums (2022 Season)

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looking for an interesting project? You should try out dwarf chrysanthemums. These dwarfs grow fast and will reward you with a tree full of flowers at the end of the season. These dwarfs produce small anemone type single flowers. They can also be trained to any bonsai style.

They are fairly easy to grow and they will keep you on your toes. You will have to wire, unwire, and rewire every 1-2 weeks with light gauge wire until their initial design it set.

*To keep the foliage growing compact keep them in full sun. Shade will make them leggy.
*Do not let the substrate dry out for any reason.
*As they grow slip pot them up into slightly larger containers.
*Slugs consider them a delicacy so protect them from slugs. Beer bait traps work extremely well for controlling slugs.
*Fertilize as needed with a fertilizer of your choice, but don’t go overboard as their roots are easily burned.

Chidori
20211104_171715.jpg

Crystal Falls
20211104_171944.jpg

Hatsune
20211104_172108.jpg

Kotoi no kaori
20211104_171825.jpg

Yukari
20211104_171739.jpg

Here’s some links discussing growing them as bonsai…..
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/growing-chrysanthemum-bonsai.43933
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/chrysanthemums-as-bonsai-or-kusamono-or-sanyasou.40798

20220815_140605.jpg

As you see in the picture I have a limited stock available. Price is $7.50 each plus actual shipping, minimum $20 order. Payment via Paypal ‘Friends and Family’ or Venmo 'Friends' would be appreciated.

US shipping only

Thanks,

Pitoon

Last edited:

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I highly recommend. I got a few last year. They grow like crazy and bloom wonderfully.
Thanks! It's a real treat to see these bloom in the fall.

I have a bunch of seedlings that are growing. There might be a cross in one of them, it will be interesting to see what flowers they produce.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I have a couple of these purchased from Pitoon from last year's crop. They haven't bloomed yet but they do grow like crazy, and I was very impressed with how well they were packaged and shipped.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Still have some available if anyone is interested. Once these are gone it will be year before I propagate them again.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I would get some but mine from last year are doing great. Looking forward to the blooms.

Flowerhouse

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Interested.... but how winter hardy are they? I'm trying to stick with things that are either fully hardy in zone 5 or fully tropical.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Interested.... but how winter hardy are they? I'm trying to stick with things that are either fully hardy in zone 5 or fully tropical.
Just me, but I kept mine indoors under the lights because they were just starting to bloom. Not sure that is necessary though.

Gert

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Just received 4 of these little beauties from @Pitoon - they arrived extremely quickly and were packaged and shipped with great care. Excited to experiment with these. Thank you!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Just received 4 of these little beauties from @Pitoon - they arrived extremely quickly and were packaged and shipped with great care. Excited to experiment with these. Thank you!
Great to hear they arrived early. Post pics of your progress with them. Thanks again for your support!

Gert

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I picked up a copy of 'The Art of the Chrysanthemum' by Tameji Nakajima per your recommendation in another thread. Great stuff!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I picked up a copy of 'The Art of the Chrysanthemum' by Tameji Nakajima per your recommendation in another thread. Great stuff!
That's a good book for sure. There's a ton of info in it.

mgh

Seed
Reaction score
Recently purchased a variety of chrysanthamums from Pitoon.
Very pleased with the fast shipping and packaging.
Excited for the plants growth and bloom in the future.

pweifan

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Now that fall is here and nighttime lows are falling, it's got me thinking... how hardy are these plants? How should I over-winter them?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Now that fall is here and nighttime lows are falling, it's got me thinking... how hardy are these plants? How should I over-winter them?
I kept mine inside under the lights mostly because they had just started blooming when I moved the trops in and I wanted to see them in full bloom. They probably would have been OK in the unheated garage but I'm a chicken.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you want the trunks to survive keep them above freezing. If they are kept outside they will die back to the ground and send new shoots out in spring.

Top Bottom