PIT-EKA Dwarf Chrysanthemums (limited stock available)

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Looking for an interesting project? You should try out dwarf chrysanthemums. These dwarfs grow so fast and will reward you with a tree full of flowers at the end of the season. These dwarfs produce small anemone type single flowers. They can also be trained to any bonsai style.

They are fairly easy to grow and they will keep you on your toes. You will have to wire, unwire, and rewire every 1-2 weeks with light gauge wire until their initial design it set.

*To keep the foliage growing compact keep them in full sun. Shade will make them leggy.
*Do not let the substrate dry out for any reason.
*As they grow slip pot them up into slightly larger containers.
*Slugs consider them a delicacy so protect them from slugs. Beer bait traps work extremely well for controlling slugs.
*Fertilize as needed with a fertilizer of your choice, but don’t go overboard as their roots are easily burned.

Chidori = white flowers
Crystal Falls = white flowers
Hatsune = yellow flowers
Kotoi no kaori = orange flowers
Yukari = pink flowers

Here’s some links discussing growing them as bonsai…..
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/growing-chrysanthemum-bonsai.43933
https://www.bonsainut.com/threads/chrysanthemums-as-bonsai-or-kusamono-or-sanyasou.40798

As you see in the picture I have a limited stock available. I’ll be keeping some for myself to grow out as well. Price is $6 each plus actual shipping, minimum order of 3 plants if you order please.
Payment via Paypal ‘Friends and Family’ would be appreciated.
US shipping only

Thanks,

Pitoon

thumbnail_20210713_102805.jpgthumbnail_20210713_102551.jpgthumbnail_20210713_102611.jpgthumbnail_20210713_102623.jpgthumbnail_20210713_102700.jpgthumbnail_20210713_102714.jpg

Last edited:

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Do they die back over the winter? Mums are used here as fall ornamentals mostly.
Once the season is over and the temps start to drop if you want to keep them alive you will have to provide cover for them by either bringing them inside or keeping them in a hoop house over winter. If you protect them and the current season trunk does die back you will get sprouts from the base to start over if the plant is alive. I kept my mother plants going in our basement during the winter once temps were stable in spring they went back outside.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I'm still of the fence. I read in Wm V.'s article on Nippon daisies that the mums were more difficult to overwinter. I am tempted though. 🤔

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Having seen @NaoTK ’s examples I’d like to play around with these. It’s not a great time to be shipping plants to southern California though. 100°+ out here.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Having seen @NaoTK ’s examples I’d like to play around with these. It’s not a great time to be shipping plants to southern California though. 100°+ out here.
I package the plants pretty well. If the temps drop a little they should make it there ok. Stock is getting low.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Hatsune is sold out. Going to stike some more cuttings this evening.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Still some available......

15 - Chidori = white flowers
10 - Crystal Falls = white flowers
SOLD OUT - Hatsune = yellow flowers
10 - Kotoi no kaori = orange flowers
28 - Yukari = pink flowers

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just received all of mine today and I was completely flabbergasted at the care taken in packing them. I guess I shouldn't have been because of the care Pitoon takes with his other endeavors, but I was ... and am, amazed. I have received hundreds upon hundreds of plants in the mail over many years. Many of them were packed very well, but nothing like this. Everything is perfect.
I love these healthy flawless little plants with all the individually permanent plant markers.
AWESOME!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I'm happy they made it to you safe! So we need to start a new thread with our process growing them out as bonsai.

I already have a nice pot for one of mine! 😁

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Just received all of mine today and I was completely flabbergasted at the care taken in packing them. I guess I shouldn't have been because of the care Pitoon takes with his other endeavors, but I was ... and am, amazed. I have received hundreds upon hundreds of plants in the mail over many years. Many of them were packed very well, but nothing like this. Everything is perfect.
I love these healthy flawless little plants with all the individually permanent plant markers.
AWESOME!
Mine are on the way!!

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
very cool. recently found out i live in the Mum capital of the world (rhode island, 15 mins from my house) and there is an entire farm field
selling them soon next door to me. maybe ill get the girls one and myself one to try to overwinter sometime

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
very cool. recently found out i live in the Mum capital of the world (rhode island, 15 mins from my house) and there is an entire farm field
selling them soon next door to me. maybe ill get the girls one and myself one to try to overwinter sometime
I wonder what types they have. These here are actual dwarfs both plant and flower.

Top Bottom