PIT-EKA Dwarf Chrysanthemums (limited stock available)

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes indeed, stocky fella 'Nippon Daisy' needs this 3.5mm wire, pretty soon...

View attachment 389963
I expect to not disappoint the Emperor.
After it recovers from the transit, move it to full sun or it will grow really leggy in the shade......unless you are forcing it to grow leggy to make it easy to wire. The branches snap easy so be careful.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I day in shade, then to dappled & 2 or 3 hours, then half day for the balance of 1st week. Thence on to full sun and lots of water. Already has top dressing of Milorganite, Bone Char, Leonardite & Kelp meal. Not really shooting for big, just healthy growth.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Yes indeed, stocky fella 'Nippon Daisy' needs this 3.5mm wire, pretty soon...

View attachment 389963
I expect to not disappoint the Emperor.
If you think that's stocky, you should see mine. Actually @Pitoon I'm not sure what to do with them. The trunk is way to thick to try and bend I think. Just let it bloom, then maybe chop it in the spring?

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
If you think that's stocky, you should see mine. Actually @Pitoon I'm not sure what to do with them. The trunk is way to thick to try and bend I think. Just let it bloom, then maybe chop it in the spring?
You have to wire them early. Once you loose the window it's to late.

You can chop in spring leaving several inches of trunk for it to back bud on. Pick the best buds and pinch the rest. Then wire as they grow.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
You have to wire them early. Once you loose the window it's to late.

You can chop in spring leaving several inches of trunk for it to back bud on. Pick the best buds and pinch the rest. Then wire as they grow.
Thanks. Yeah, I was busy with azalea repots, then the trops, so I just let then grow. They're sort of crazy big now, lol. Looking forward to the flowers though. :) One more question. What's the best time to repot? They are still in the nursery pots you sent them in.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks. Yeah, I was busy with azalea repots, then the trops, so I just let then grow. They're sort of crazy big now, lol. Looking forward to the flowers though. :) One more question. What's the best time to repot? They are still in the nursery pots you sent them in.
You can repot them now, assuming you are going to pot them into a bigger pot. I wouldn't mess with the roots now as they are preparing to set buds soon.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
You can repot them now, assuming you are going to pot them into a bigger pot. I wouldn't mess with the roots now as they are preparing to set
I was thinking something shallower, so I guess I'll wait until spring. I'm not going to jeopardize the flowers.

Top Bottom