PIT-EKA Japanese Black Pine (JBP) 2nd season seedlings

WavyGaby

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks! Looking forward to seeing what you make out of them.
I received five of these in the summer of 2021. I wired them all up shortly afterward. I killed one by breaking the cambium down low. Here is what I've done so far.

20230809_195154.jpg

Shohin wired a couple of times. I de-candled the two branches on the left in early July. I let the roots grow out of the bottom
20230809_195207.jpg

I put some contrived zig zags in this one and let is grow out. Hopefully, the turns look more natural with age. I de-candled in early July20230809_195215.jpg

I like this one a lot. It grew a massive leader earlier this year and the second flush is growing up top, too. De-candled lower branches in early July
20230809_195232.jpg

I am going for a larger tree, possibly literati on this one. Wired a couple of times and de-candled two lower branches in early July
20230809_195250.jpg

The growth on these is so enjoyable and rewarding to nurture

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I received five of these in the summer of 2021. I wired them all up shortly afterward. I killed one by breaking the cambium down low. Here is what I've done so far.

View attachment 502250

Shohin wired a couple of times. I de-candled the two branches on the left in early July. I let the roots grow out of the bottom
View attachment 502251

I put some contrived zig zags in this one and let is grow out. Hopefully, the turns look more natural with age. I de-candled in early JulyView attachment 502252

I like this one a lot. It grew a massive leader earlier this year and the second flush is growing up top, too. De-candled lower branches in early July
View attachment 502253

I am going for a larger tree, possibly literati on this one. Wired a couple of times and de-candled two lower branches in early July
View attachment 502254

The growth on these is so enjoyable and rewarding to nurture
Good job! Those are looking fantastic.

Top Bottom