Pittosporum? Before and now

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's a tree that I bought at a nursery that was going under. As you can see I cut it back drastically, and you can see that it has budded back nicely. Still, I haven't come to terms with what to do with the three trunks.

Attachments

• DSC_0025.JPG
    DSC_0025.JPG
    51.8 KB · Views: 101
  • Christmas wrap your leader 027.jpg
    Christmas wrap your leader 027.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 130

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
So, is the picture of the tree in leaf really from today? How is it that it still has leaves at this time of the year? Just curious.

I would keep cutting the new growth back to 3 sets of leaves to promote more back budding then when it is naked I would take another look. But now it is hard to see.

Jason

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
So, is the picture of the tree in leaf really from today? How is it that it still has leaves at this time of the year? Just curious.

I would keep cutting the new growth back to 3 sets of leaves to promote more back budding then when it is naked I would take another look. But now it is hard to see.

Jason

I don't think this tree is going to loose its leaves in our mild California coastal climate. The reason there are no leaves in the first photo is that it had just been cut back.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
pittosporum tenuifolium

Barry, could you give an update on this tree? Any tips for care that you have learned? I just picked one up today.

Top Bottom