Plant ID please.

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
I bought this plant over the summer at a local nursery because I thought it was cool looking, now the weather is getting colder I need to know what kind of plant it is to determine to bring it in the heated greenhouse or not. There was no stickers/tag on the nursery pot when I bought it either. The cashier just kinda charged me a flat $10 for “ unknown” lol. Thanks In advance.
7EC3CF93-0C79-430F-BEB4-C0ED4489F008.jpeg83E748E8-A536-4912-A0C0-975A9103CB3B.jpeg

cbroad

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Looks like it's an abelia, and with that type of variegation, it could be the variety Kaleidoscope. That's probably one of my favorite varieties.

They get lots of nice foliage color at different times of the year and blooms all summer into the fall. Evergreen to semi-evergreen depending on your growing conditions but definitely cold hardy in D.C. Full sun to part shade, can get about 3-4' tall and about 5' wide in the ground. Takes pruning well and ground layers readily.

I like the surface roots!

Last edited:

vp999

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
Thank you so much. I bought it because of the roots, its been flowering since summer and its a wonderful tree. I may try to put a nice rock under it next spring.

Top Bottom