Planting trident maple seedlings

Rod

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m getting 30 trident maples about 20” tall and I’m wanting to plant them in the ground. Some I want to make multi trunk trees and some separate to get 2-3” trunks. Is this a bad time to mess with roots to plant them over a tile in raised beds. They aren’t separate they are 3 to a pot. I live in central Illinois zone 5 some say I’m in zone 6. Advice needed. Thanks

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you are relatively new to caring for plants, it might be best to protect them this winter and work them in March. But seeing them is everything so pictures would help you toward an appropriate action.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Agree with the advice above. Wait til spring And then plant out on tiles. For clumps you may Want to drill holes in a few tiles to allow them to swell and fuse above the tile.

Rod

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
09486800-757F-4193-BD61-06AE5645AE69.jpegThey are arriving today. This is a photo sent by seller

Rod

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If you are relatively new to caring for plants, it might be best to protect them this winter and work them in March. But seeing them is everything so pictures would help you toward an appropriate action.
FB635285-72FB-43DE-9818-8B348FD82BB5.jpegSellers photos

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, wait until late winter / early spring.

Rod

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, wait until late winter / early spring.
Thanks that is what I figured the answer would be. I didn’t want to wait if I didn’t have too. Thanks again.

Top Bottom