plants needed.

robert gardner

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
😁 HELP,, I need to find three (3) Stewari seedlings or transplants for sale. Need them for my Bonsai collection, willing to pay up to $10.00 each.
THANKS FOR ANY HEIP.
Robert

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Are you looking for Stewartia? They are tough to find, and likely to be much more expensive than $10. If they are hardy in your area, you might check your local nurseries for landscape trees to layer or make cuttings from. Other sources to try, though not all show availability:

International Bonsai:

https://tupelobonsai.com/services/. Contact @Owen Reich as he is a fan of the species.

Mine came from here, but he doesn’t ship. Your location isn’t in your profile, but he is NE of Atlanta:

Stewartia has several varieties, ‘pseudocamellia’ is a larger-leafed, variety. ‘Monadelpha’ has smaller leaves. Good luck.

Rivian

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I bought mine at maillot but I guess youre in the US

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
Are you looking for Stewartia? They are tough to find, and likely to be much more expensive than $10. If they are hardy in your area, you might check your local nurseries for landscape trees to layer or make cuttings from. Other sources to try, though not all show availability:

International Bonsai:

https://tupelobonsai.com/services/. Contact @Owen Reich as he is a fan of the species.

Mine came from here, but he doesn’t ship. Your location isn’t in your profile, but he is NE of Atlanta:

Stewartia has several varieties, ‘pseudocamellia’ is a larger-leafed, variety. ‘Monadelpha’ has smaller leaves. Good luck

mine came from Dave’s field. Well, I bought the field. There were some left, and he said he’d plant more. I bought mine a few years ago, and they range from $500-$2500. Selling about 75% of my bonsai before Christmas so it’s easier to move to a permanent location. I’ll start a new thread.

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
Everyone can also try their hand at the Chinese species and our natives. Seed available for many. Stewartia sine did and some others make great small bonsai. I think, but am not certain if some S. monadelpha in Japan have been grafted with Chinese species.

Owen Reich

Shohin
Reaction score
I bought a section of the farm’s trees a few years ago. I’ll likely build a nursery still in TN. I’m grew up in Acworth and went to UGA 😁.

Top Bottom