Please help decide what style pot for our pretty Korean hornbeam K-pop!

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
enough time to commission something before potting season is on us

Don't rush!

This will be easily transferrable at any time the pot is done since it is already shaped near perfectly. There's always next year too!

And Summer!

Sorce

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Don't rush!

This will be easily transferrable at any time the pot is done since it is already shaped near perfectly. There's always next year too!

And Summer!

Sorce
Sounds good!

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
i actually do like the first one quite well. It has a nice feminine (but not too) shape and that color will work really well with fall foliage. The others are far too masculine for me, for your lovely curvy girl. It’s those nice soft corners that do it for me. And Ron Lang builds a mean pot!💜
Here's a couple of virts. We also looked at a rectangular oval from his site (do not like the color just trying to see if the shape appeals).

20210131_143617.jpgProject Capture (30).jpg
20210131_145827.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That color is unreal!

Sorce

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Also a nice prospect. Not terribly attracted to the oval, it feels a bit clunky to me.
I agree. My son liked the "squared oval" (not that particular color but the shape as Ron calls it) so I did a virt for it also. After looking at all the different options, he also did not care for that style of pot.

THEN, my wife came to the laptop to see what the commotion was about and looked at all the different rectangle styles and chose that last one that you loved. I warned her that BWR (bowed wall rectangle) especially with the incut corners is NOT going to be cheap but she said she really likes it and is OK with it so that hurdle has been crossed! Then I said: but first Judy has to like it and she goes "who the heck is Judy?" LOL
Anyway, I am so glad you like that pot because my wife and son definitely like it best and so do I!
Now to see if Ron will build it without me having to sell one of my kids (which I am not against in theory.....)
Judy thank you again for taking a look at this dilemma for me. Also, we all loved your big fat hornbeam in the cream pot!

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Awesome! Actually for the quality of pot and the custom build, making it more unique, Ron is very reasonable. I’ve been more than happy with the pots he’s made for me. And it’s nice to support USA potters too! Happy I could help.😌

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
Awesome! Actually for the quality of pot and the custom build, making it more unique, Ron is very reasonable. I’ve been more than happy with the pots he’s made for me. And it’s nice to support USA potters too! Happy I could help.😌
Sorry, meant to ask you in the earlier post but do you like the color of the BWR w/ Incut Corners? Ron calls it Reitz Green. We kinda thought it was pretty cool and unique and works well with the fall colors. Not sure how well it would go with the normal green leaves but I think it would work?

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Sorry, meant to ask you in the earlier post but do you like the color of the BWR w/ Incut Corners? Ron calls it Reitz Green. We kinda thought it was pretty cool and unique and works well with the fall colors. Not sure how well it would go with the normal green leaves but I think it would work?
I do like the color as well. I'm not a fan of GREEN pots, but this has so much variation with some blue casts, and the overspray and shadowing is so good. I think it'll be fine for summer green leaves, and super striking for the fall color.

Mayank

Chumono
Reaction score
I do like the color as well. I'm not a fan of GREEN pots, but this has so much variation with some blue casts, and the overspray and shadowing is so good. I think it'll be fine for summer green leaves, and super striking for the fall color.
Sooooooooo........I guess the actual color ended up being greener (it looks very pretty imo) and the pot did not shrink as much as Ron had calculated (ended up being 13x10 inside instead of 12x9). It looked super large and industrial when we got it especially since our girl K-pop is quite delicate and curvy but it doesn't look too bad when we put them side by side and did a virt which should be very true to dimensions. Judy, do you think it looks too big? I know you had advised a deeper pot so it didn't look too mounded. How is the level in the virt?

aa.PNGaaa.PNG

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I think it looks pretty good, I would offset the tree from center when planted. I like the color and should be great with fall foliage.

Top Bottom