Please help identify my bonsai tree

Andrealara

Seed
Reaction score
Hello,
I bought my first bonsai tree about 2 months ago at a fair. The only instructions I received were to water it twice a week and not expose it to extreme sunlight. But after two months its pine needles are turning yellow and I don’t see much growth. I’ve been searching online to see what kind of bonsai it is but I keep getting different types. Can someone help me identify my bonsai tree so I can take care of it properly? Much appreciated! 04184D25-79ED-4687-B3C2-9D531A684D25.jpeg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi andrealara, glad you found this great site!

I don't do much with evergreens, but I'm sure someone with experience will pop in soon. Until then, it helps us give good advice if you fill in your location underneath your username. Also, most bonsai do best when living outside.

I hope you enjoy your tree!

Andrealara

Seed
Reaction score

I don't do much with evergreens, but I'm sure someone with experience will pop in soon. Until then, it helps us give good advice if you fill in your location underneath your username. Also, most bonsai do best when living outside.

Hello!
Thank you for reaching out and for the tip!

coltranem

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Andrealara I am guessing this is some sort of juvenile juniper. However i am no expert in iDing. The vendor should havr told you. I am sorry to say it is not a bonsai. Could it become one? Yes. Don't ask how long the answer will scare you. If you are interested please read through this website and follow threads that interest you. Look into taking a class or joining a club

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
You grow it inside? Welcome to the forum!

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
it is a juniper. It has to be outside all the time, ideally in full sun. Do not drown the plant, but ensure the soil never fully dries out -bonedry- either.

welcome.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
It is most assuredly Red Cedar aka Eastern Red Cedar. Despite it's name it is actually a Juniper. I agree with the above assessment: it is a juniper. It has to be outside all the time, ideally in full sun. Do not drown the plant, but ensure the soil never fully dries out -bonedry- either.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd put it in full sun and water it daily.

WTC.

S

Top Bottom