Please help me save my Sargent Juniper !

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I'm very new, know nothing about bonsai and was given a cute little sargent juniper tree for Christmas. Despite my best efforts its looking real sad. I'm located in Australia and we've been having a few 40°C days, but everywhere I look online says these bonsai will die inside and that they need heaps of sunlight. And I read a lot of contradictory info on how often to water. It looks like it's drying up but online it says not to over water... desperately seeking any advice... it's loosing heaps of needles and gone really brittle... Thanks anyone who can help!!!!

Attachments

• 1518073034260208464044.jpg
    1518073034260208464044.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 52
  • 15180730622991611468911.jpg
    15180730622991611468911.jpg
    301.8 KB · Views: 52

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
Hello everyone, I'm very new, know nothing about bonsai and was given a cute little sargent juniper tree for Christmas. Despite my best efforts its looking real sad. I'm located in Australia and we've been having a few 40°C days, but everywhere I look online says these bonsai will die inside and that they need heaps of sunlight. And I read a lot of contradictory info on how often to water. It looks like it's drying up but online it says not to over water... desperately seeking any advice... it's loosing heaps of needles and gone really brittle... Thanks anyone who can help!!!!

Hi Sopwilkinson,
Sorry to say but when juniper foliage goes gray and brittle it is DEAD. It just takes a few months ( and this gives us false hope lol). I have had this issue with a couple of nursery bought Junipers which “dried out” with our 30 plus deg Celsius. So yeah, 40 plus might have cooked it.
Charles

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Sup Sop!?

Welcome to Crazy!

That thing's dead!

No worries! I had one a little nicer I burned last year!

Next!

Natives bro! Natives!

Sorce

KiwiPlantGuy

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a

Hi again ,
Ausbonsai.com.au ( or close to that) is a really good website and loads of Aussie info for you to read etc.
Great info for us downunder :)
Charles

JosephCooper

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Looks very dead, scratch at the bark and if you see green, it may still be alive.

I have doubts though...

And take those rocks off!

Top Bottom