please help me to design my fukien tea

misterpz

Seedling
Reaction score
Hello everyone I'm rookie bonsai form thailand. I love nerutal style bonsai like walter pall. Today I want some help form everyone to design my fukien tea to netural bonsai style. I've no idea.

IMG_20181110_135447.jpg

IMG_20181110_135501.jpg

IMG_20181110_135510.jpg

IMG_20181110_135520.jpg

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Looks like a good start, much better than most beginning Fukien tea's we've seen, Welcome to the Forum!.

misterpz

Seedling
Reaction score
Looks like a good start, much better than most beginning Fukien tea's we've seen, Welcome to the Forum!.
Thank you.I dug it from ground about 3 month ago.Do you have some ideas for it ? Now I look for it's height to taper and front of the tree.

Reaction score
Hi just come across your post, looking at the pictures it looks like a lot of pruning is going to be required. Although grown in the ground the tree has no taper. What I can see you will be left with one trunk with a taper with sacrificial branches. Bonsai can't be made overnight it takes time and years to get the branch structure. My bonsai planted in the ground are planted for good Nabari once this is achieved only do I work on the branches.

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Thank you.I dug it from ground about 3 month ago.Do you have some ideas for it ? Now I look for it's height to taper and front of the tree.
If I had this tree, I would style it liked this sketch
4891CD66-5A6F-4F03-8205-F53352D99E38.jpeg
Thụ Thoại

Reaction score
Yes it will work, you have taper looking at the pictures on one side cutting the trunk / branches away, then work to produce branches with good taper using sacrificial branches. but the other side needs a lot more work. Their is a good few seasons of work ahead, for this to start and at least look like your sketch. But you have a good canvas their to work with. I don't know how skilled you are with bonsai, but you have mainly 2 options first is to go through the process of creating branches then finer ramification. Secondly you can speed up the process slightly by grafting the cut branches back on where you need them. all joints will Calist over in time.

misterpz

Seedling
Reaction score
Yes it will work, you have taper looking at the pictures on one side cutting the trunk / branches away, then work to produce branches with good taper using sacrificial branches. but the other side needs a lot more work. Their is a good few seasons of work ahead, for this to start and at least look like your sketch. But you have a good canvas their to work with. I don't know how skilled you are with bonsai, but you have mainly 2 options first is to go through the process of creating branches then finer ramification. Secondly you can speed up the process slightly by grafting the cut branches back on where you need them. all joints will Calist over in time.
It has good nebari but I land it inside the pot.Now I wait to Jan to produce it again.

Top Bottom