Please help! the main branch on my juniper cracked :(

that-guy

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
I got a landscapeing juniper from lowed a few months ago and it did great but my neighbor's dog knocked it down from where it was and the main branch cracked. It didn't break but is disconnected about 3/4 of the way. It is a dwarf garden juniper (that's what the tag said) and is a horizontally growing juniper. Will the branch heal especially with winter almost here? I have it fastened together with wire what should I do?

october

Masterpiece
Reaction score
You can krazy or super glue it. If the branch is still connected it will heal fine. Put a small drop of glue in the center of the break, where the heartwood is. Try not to get any on the cambium. Basically when you press it back together, you want the glue in the center only.

Here is my old thread explaining it.

http://bonsainut.com/forums/showthr...glue&highlight=repairing+broken+branches+glue

Rob

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
to enable the cambium to reattach, time is of the essence. You can also use a C-clamp gently on the break to hold it until the glue sets.

Or wrap it tightly with electricians tape upside down, wrapped with the sticky side away from the bark.

ed

Top Bottom