Please help with my Ficus trunk

rafa8238

Seed
Reaction score
Hey guys, so i have this ficus ginseng (microcarpa) and a few months ago it started to show this browinsh/yellow spots, i letted it go beacause i thought it would just go with less watering but it stills there. I used to spray water on the leaves more than its supposed to so i think thats the cause. Thanks in advance and sorry for being a noobie xd.

Attachments

• 20230108_130704.jpg
    20230108_130704.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 44
  • 20230108_130659.jpg
    20230108_130659.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 44

Eckhoffw

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4b
Hey guys, so i have this ficus ginseng (microcarpa) and a few months ago it started to show this browinsh/yellow spots, i letted it go beacause i thought it would just go with less watering but it stills there. I used to spray water on the leaves more than its supposed to so i think thats the cause. Thanks in advance and sorry for being a noobie xd.
I’d just make sure to see that your soil isn’t staying too wet. Poke down your pinky finger or chop Stick into the soil each time before watering.
Often water retaining soils can appear or feel dry on top, but still be wet beneath.
Also, It’s pretty common for the tubes/bulbous roots/ to rot on these plants.
Do they feel squishy or firm?
My other thought is that it’s not getting enough light judging by the state of foliage.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
That would be my concern also. If they are squishy, you can always chop them off and plant deeper. Just watch the watering.

rafa8238

Seed
Reaction score
I’d just make sure to see that your soil isn’t staying too wet. Poke down your pinky finger or chop Stick into the soil each time before watering.
Often water retaining soils can appear or feel dry on top, but still be wet beneath.
Also, It’s pretty common for the tubes/bulbous roots/ to rot on these plants.
My other thought is that it’s not getting enough light judging by the state of foliage.
I have been making sure of that for more than a few months now and nothing.
They are firm, and they often turn less brown like if they were close to dissapear but when i water it or spray a little after a long time they come out again.
I will change the location so it gets more light thanks. :)

rafa8238

Seed
Reaction score
That would be my concern also. If they are squishy, you can always chop them off and plant deeper. Just watch the watering.
Since the brown spots came out iv been watering less but when I do it they come out again.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
As usual, if you add your location in the world to your profile, you will get the best advice for your particular growing area. If the brown areas return whenever you water, is the soil not draining well?

Top Bottom