Please help!!

ellieg

Seed
Reaction score
I fucked up. i didnt mean to let my juniper bonsai tree get so bad but it did and now im really sad. is there anything at all i can do to save her??? i did the scratch test but someone said that just opens it up to diseases and now idk what to do. ik she looks really bad but im hoping something can be done? please help!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 55
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 55

Snorlax99

Yamadori
Reaction score
When the foliage starts to yellow, it's already a few months gone with Junipers. Brian is right, better to keep them outside or try a more forgiving species. Doing both is best.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Tree is past help. Bonsai, unless they're of tropical species origin--ficus, schefflera--die when kept inside.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Don't take the loss personally. It comes with the territory. Has happened to everyone here (if they say it hasn't, it just hasn't happened YET). Bonsai has a very steep learning curve, but getting to the top of that curve is half the fun (although the downside is botanical carnage and live and learn).

jandslegate

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Dump out the dead tree, wash out the pot, and try again. Junipers need to be outside.
It sucks and it seems harsh but it's just part of it and part of learning. It's only a negative part of life if you choose not to learn from it. If it's any consolation my oldest trees are at least my fourth and fifth 'bonsai' purchases and they're not even close to my most promising trees. They just have a high sentimental value. It's unfortunate and it's sad when a tree dies under my care but it's also just a thing of nature sometimes. Don't let it discourage you.

Top Bottom