Please Participate in an Important Community Discussion.

Delete more or undelete?

• Delete More.

Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Undelete what was deleted.

Votes: 73 89.0%

• Total voters

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Coming from a relative newbie to the site who actively enjoys researching... there definitely is an issue with searching for previous discussions of a topic only to find 8 pages of grandstanding and arguing about a tertiary topic rather than the original question.

I’m not claiming to have any authority in what should happen in the community though so take my experience with a grain of salt.
Yeah, that does seem to happen here at times.
Not all that often. It can be frustrating, but mostly the trend in this forum is towards aggregating and expanding very useful information through a series of posts and references over time. That’s when the forum really excels... and it does😉
Cheers
DSD sends

Trenthany

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10A
Yeah, that does seem to happen here at times.
Not all that often. It can be frustrating, but mostly the trend in this forum is towards aggregating and expanding very useful information through a series of posts and references over time. That’s when the forum really excels... and it does😉
Cheers
DSD sends
Absolutely!

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Don't know exactly where to put that, but I think some can appreciate its bitter taste as an appetizer :

Meanwhile, millions, billions of acres are burning in our world.

What can we do ? Stay stupid and die ? Vote ?

Vote... When I see what's happening in Belarus, Hong-Kong, and so many other places in the world, I'm happy to live in a country where I can cast my vote, whether in a polling staion or by m

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Don't know exactly where to put that, but I think some can appreciate its bitter taste as an appetizer :

Meanwhile, millions, billions of acres are burning in our world.

What can we do ? Stay stupid and die ? Vote ?

Vote... When I see what's happening in Belarus, Hong-Kong, and so many other places in the world, I'm happy to live in a country where I can cast my vote, whether in a polling staion or by m
What would you do, Alain? I have long given up hope...

roberthu

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
I am opposed to deleting posts by others. Free speech is only important when it protects that with which you do not agree. I think posts should be memorialized for all to see. Racial slurs, doxxing, and threats could be edited to censor the word(s), but the content and context should stay. Locking the thread is prudent by that point, and often a good resolution.

A policy to keep all posts should make people think twice about what they say. They’ll expose their character and subject themselves to the consequences of being ostracized or constantly engaged in a battle. Neither is very useful. If they wish to change their tone, they’ll need to clear it up and start acting right.

I remember several posts I’m not proud I made here (bet many of us have)...but they are here and I try to stay above them now.

If you wish to delete your account, randomizing the user but keeping the posts is great. It would be interesting to assign those posts back to the user if he/she returns under a different alias.
+1

Top Bottom