Please Share your Photos

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
BRizaf.jpg

vWhsjn.jpg

Little difference today. Decided to make a change and shave off the beard. Feels kind'a odd since I have had it for so many years now but I will say one thing my face sure looks younger without it :) Now if I could only do something to make my body not look like I'm creepin' up on 50 I'd be just fine lol

petegreg

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
BRizaf.jpg

vWhsjn.jpg

Little difference today. Decided to make a change and shave off the beard. Feels kind'a odd since I have had it for so many years now but I will say one thing my face sure looks younger without it :) Now if I could only do something to make my body not look like I'm creepin' up on 50 I'd be just fine lol
Newman.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
my face sure looks younger without it :) Now if I could only do something to make my body not look like I'm creepin' up on 50 I'd be just fine lol

I know the feeling... :rolleyes:

I had trout (I bought) for lunch today, not as good as sea fish in my opinion, but it was nice.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For you older car guys this is a modern day version of the Buick grand national. Cadillac ats v V6 twin turbo 464hp. Catches a lot of people by surprise. Traded in the Z06 for it and I love it. Off power its just a normal car. Absolute blast to drive. They built it to beat the m3. I added a couple of links to some drag races. Not me but same car.
20180803_175116.jpg
20180803_175523.jpg
20180810_093632.jpg

Silentrunning

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
ABF1D827-17F5-4C9E-8212-8D2E18BED112.jpeg

This is my most recent antique vehicle. I have removed the angled sides since they were ready to fall off. All the wood has been aging outside this summer and I am building new vertical posts to reinstall the sides. I also have to replace a frame beam to keep the integrity of the yolk. Once that is done I will seal all the wood and it will go in my front yard decorated for the various seasons.

c54fun

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 205252

This is my most recent antique vehicle. I have removed the angled sides since they were ready to fall off. All the wood has been aging outside this summer and I am building new vertical posts to reinstall the sides. I also have to replace a frame beam to keep the integrity of the yolk. Once that is done I will seal all the wood and it will go in my front yard decorated for the various seasons.
When I lived in Iowa people would use those as planters for flowers. They looked great out on a farm.

A. Gorilla

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Due to hail damage, chips and rust, I painted the hood of my car. I inherited this one from my wife. The most miles I've personally witnessed on a car was like 325K. I like the idea of getting up to those silly mileage numbers. It's worth a shot.

Attachments

• IMG_3598.JPG
    IMG_3598.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3582.JPG
    IMG_3582.JPG
    214.2 KB · Views: 12

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Had a practice run last night trying to catch the Perseids meteor shower, it was largely unsuccessful but a good trial run. I think I'll use different lens tonight so it was good to sort out the equipment at the least.

Anyway after all was said and done and a few hours of processing later I found the finished pics underwhelming but there was a few interesting things in the field of view.
First off is the constellation Cassiopeia which has a distinct W shape. Just to the right of that you can just make out Caroline's Rose Cluster. In the bottom right the Andromeda Galaxy made an appearance and finally on the left hand side you can just slightly make out the green of Comet 21P/Giacobini-Zinner which is a bonus.
This lens is too wide for urban night photos, too much light pollution around hence the noisy, grainyness. I can alleviate that by switching back to a 50mm lens but that gives you less sky to catch a meteor in but that is what I'll do tonight. I'll think I'll focus more on the Cassiopeia and comet region as it is right on the radiant for the shower anyway.

dd.jpg

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Cool. I wonder what the purpose is of the segment with heavier webbing? Anyone know?

Since it was the first time I had seen one, I searched the web, and after finding its name, I read the article on Wikipedia:

"The prominent zigzag shape called the stabilimentum, or web decoration, featured at the centre of the orb is of uncertain function, though it may be to attract insects."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argiope_bruennichi

At first, I thought it might have used a piece of fabric from a rag left outside :D

Top Bottom