Please Share your Photos

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Here is a comet that is currently in the night sky, it's called 46/P Wirtanen. It's currently magnitude 5-6 which should mean it is visible to the naked eye but I can't find it with my eyes but that is mainly because of street lights and the full moon. Head out to a dark place and you should see it in the southern sky low down. Binoculars would help.
This comet is supposed to be getting brighter too so something to keep an eye on.

Pretty sure I can do better than this if I can find a better spot in the garden, take more and longer exposures and wait for the moon to disappear.

View attachment 218859
Wwoooaaaahhh!.....
Awesome!

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
5YK9gx.jpg

Picked up my Niece's Christmas gift for this year (well, her big gift that is). 2 month old Dalmatian crested gecko. I'll be taking care of him here for the next few weeks till Christmas. I tell ya I have never been a big reptile as pet fan but this little guy is just so damn cute I could see myself owning one some day.

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
More of the comet, this time with the lens at 70mm. You can't really tell from the pics but the size of this thing is about equal to the full moon.
Still not the best but I'm homing in on the settings.

aaajmnf.jpg

Also as an extra I pointed the camera at Taurus after. Conditions are better shooting straight up as opposed to low down so it's a slightly better image. The bright orange star is Alderbran and just to the left of that is a little cluster of starts called the Pirate Moon Cluster. Not much else of note in there I think.

dff.jpg

Last edited:

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
1Kcabt.jpg

Coolest birthday shirt ever. "I'm going to make the fish an offer they can't refuse" :)
For Christmas we got our son a fish finder, some Whopper Ploppers and other assorted fishing gear. Probably not the typical gifts for a 25 year old, but he was hooked on fishing at 5 years old, when he caught a 5lb catfish with his Grandpa.

nrgizerrod

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
More of the comet, this time with the lens at 70mm. You can't really tell from the pics but the size of this thing is about equal to the full moon.
Still not the best but I'm homing in on the settings.

View attachment 219340

Also as an extra I pointed the camera at Taurus after. Conditions are better shooting straight up as opposed to low down so it's a slightly better image. The bright orange star is Alderbran and just to the left of that is a little cluster of starts called the Pirate Moon Cluster. Not much else of note in there I think.

View attachment 219339
Neat pictures! Hope you had clear skies last night. It was supposed to reach peak magnitude. We couldn’t see it from here though. ?.

KLSbonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
A little pruning before winter on a matching pair of dawn redwoods planted this spring. Might take a few years to get the root ball down to fit into a pot. The trees were 50 foot tall with 12 foot root balls. Diameter was about 22 inch.

Attachments

• 20181116_102504.jpg
    20181116_102504.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 20181116_095518.jpg
    20181116_095518.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9
Top Bottom