Please Share your Photos

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
My Bonsai guard, she is a little heavier than the pic in my avatar, but sitting down makes her look really fat. She is one of the nicest and friendliest dogs I have ever owned, but if you are a thief looking to take trees, not a wise choice, lol.

IMG_3283.JPG

wireme

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yesterday a full day of laying 1 1/2” T&G over timber rafters then sprinted around in the woods until 11pm picking, had to beat the weekend crowd. Wasn’t sure that I’d be able to stand up straight today but actually feeling just fine. 580CAD81-5D2B-4E88-91C9-2D17F022FC38.jpeg

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
We have lots of mud dauber wasps in our garden, the orange ones with back wings. They look mean, but they are pretty tame. These paper wasps are the a$$holes of the yard. I’ve been stung by these and they hurt.
1398363F-A290-4DFE-BC83-64CEFDE4AFF4.jpeg

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Housguy mentioned his fathers beautiful Japanese garden. I love it, would like the photo several times over.
Got me thinking about my dad...
DSC_3274.JPG
This was my dad on a gun dating 1524 in Germany
DSC_3275.JPG

DSC_3276.JPG
No date this monument was erected but is standing no more :( Pretty cool though, a leading knight was shot trying to cross over a wall.
DSC_3268.JPG
FDR bridge ceremony April 21, 1945
DSC_3269.JPG
General Patton, I know that name...sorry missed the caption left pic, Patton again, 2nd from left.
Dad was a photographer, mortar man, and radio man in WWll. I think the radios weighed 80# IIRC
DSC_3271.JPG
Tank deterrents
DSC_3272.JPG

DSC_3273.JPG
Dentist office
DSC_3277.JPG
My dad and grandfather built a processing lab in the 50's on our property. I was there the day the semi delivered the colour developing upgrade and dryer.
We did school pics, weddings, Santa even parachuted in on opening day after Thanksgiving one year. Also did restoration work.
Oddest request was to come to the morgue and take picture of a lady's husband in the casket (3am!!!) and make a picture of him as normal.
Take different sized pictures and collage together as normal, one from a biker (that had died) on his bike, and add it to a picture of his wife
since no pictures of them together could be found. Folks were scared to change from B&W when he pioneered colour into our tri-state area.
He was on bicycle at that time single speed 3:1 ratio Schwinn lots of hills around here, few tornadoes.

Dads 1st camera was a shoe box, with a pin hole for the aperture, and photographic paper taped to the back of the box.
Me, I know very little about cameras and developing except dad saved all his silver byproduct in a trash can on top of the roof...

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Housguy mentioned his fathers beautiful Japanese garden. I love it, would like the photo several times over.
Got me thinking about my dad...
View attachment 245586
This was my dad on a gun dating 1524 in Germany
View attachment 245587

View attachment 245588
No date this monument was erected but is standing no more :( Pretty cool though, a leading knight was shot trying to cross over a wall.
View attachment 245589
FDR bridge ceremony April 21, 1945
View attachment 245590
General Patton, I know that name...sorry missed the caption left pic, Patton again, 2nd from left.
Dad was a photographer, mortar man, and radio man in WWll. I think the radios weighed 80# IIRC
View attachment 245591
Tank deterrents
View attachment 245592

View attachment 245593
Dentist office
View attachment 245594
My dad and grandfather built a processing lab in the 50's on our property. I was there the day the semi delivered the colour developing upgrade and dryer.
We did school pics, weddings, Santa even parachuted in on opening day after Thanksgiving one year. Also did restoration work.
Oddest request was to come to the morgue and take picture of a lady's husband in the casket (3am!!!) and make a picture of him as normal.
Take different sized pictures and collage together as normal, one from a biker (that had died) on his bike, and add it to a picture of his wife
since no pictures of them together could be found. Folks were scared to change from B&W when he pioneered colour into our tri-state area.
He was on bicycle at that time single speed 3:1 ratio Schwinn lots of hills around here, few tornadoes.

Dads 1st camera was a shoe box, with a pin hole for the aperture, and photographic paper taped to the back of the box.
Me, I know very little about cameras and developing except dad saved all his silver byproduct in a trash can on top of the roof...

My uncle’s father was Gen. Patton’s staff dentist during the war. I wonder if that was his trailer?

One of Patton’s last acts before dying in the car crash was to get my Uncle’s father a teaching job for Army dentists at Ft Riley in Kansas. As he got shot in the back while working as a medic on a wounded soldier.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
My uncle’s father was Gen. Patton’s staff dentist during the war. I wonder if that was his trailer?

One of Patton’s last acts before dying in the car crash was to get my Uncle’s father a teaching job for Army dentists at Ft Riley in Kansas. As he got shot in the back while working as a medic on a wounded soldier.
Wuhl aint that cool. Small world aye? Dad was a grunt Private 1st class. Never got shot, prayed a lot as most did I'm sure.
Got home and while we were splitting wood, a piece of shrapnel from a wedge lodged in his stomach when the 12# sledge hit it.
My Hero!

Top Bottom