Please Share your Photos

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
@AlainK, have you gotten seeds from that?

Unfortunately, no : I would be glad if these flower and give some seeds, in which case I would gladly send them to you, but I doubt this will be possible because of customs restrictions.

Last year, it had a lot of buds that never opened, and only had one flower two years before, that was the first time. I(ve had it for 8 years or so. It can easily be found in garden centres in France, they're in trays of various species, about 40 plants in a tray, most of them different but all labelled as "cactus", or smthg. I had to ask a specialized forum (in French only) to get the scientific name.

I suppose you can find one where you are, they're very common here and come from Argentina. When I bought it, it was no more than one inch high, but about the same diametre as it is now.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Lotus,
just.wing.it

A coïncidence : yesterday, my sister told me how she liked to go to the "Frères Tang" outlet when she lived near Paris.

I don't know anything about Lotus, but clichés, and I asked her how she cooked it, what it tastes like.

She looked at me bewildered and said: "You buy a flower bud, pull down a petal, and the flower opens."

It's amazing how very close people can have different consceptions... :D

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Lotus,
just.wing.it

A coïncidence : yesterday, my sister told me how she liked to go to the "Frères Tang" outlet when she lived near Paris.

I don't know anything about Lotus, but clichés, and I asked her how she cooked it, what it tastes like.

She looked at me bewildered and said: "You buy a flower bud, pull down a petal, and the flower opens."

It's amazing how very close people can have different consceptions... :D
Haha! That's pretty funny!

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Lodge pole pushing candles, seems like twice this year so far, may be it is all part of the one push of candles this year. It is a single flush tree, but can it have more than one flush per year?
IMG_3585.JPG

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Lodge pole pushing candles, seems like twice this year so far, may be it is all part of the one push of candles this year. It is a single flush tree, but can it have more than one flush per year?
They will often do this, but it isn't like JBP. With mine, the second flush is a fascicular bud of the new terminal bud.

Top Bottom