Please Share your Photos

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Started making the frame for a concrete pot. Someone could have told me that cut steel sheeting is razor sharp.

Autsch!
Aïe! (sounds like Sco.. or NI "Aye")
Ouch!

What works best -for me- for small to medium, neat cuts is Hydogen peroxyde. But by the way, I must have an injection of tetanus vaccine again, haven't had one for over 20 years! Your scissors seem to be a bit rusted...

My mother also told me that when the miners had a wound that wouldn't heal, they would chew leaves of a plant that I think is Symphytum (Beinwell, Eng: Comfrey), but she also mentioned another plant, probably from the plantago family as far as I can recall when she showed it to me, but I don't remember the name.

She probably doesn't either. ❤

Last edited:

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
for small to medium, neat cuts is Hydogen peroxyde
This was a case of kitchen tissue, wrap aroun the finger. It really was just a point of sheeted steel that nicked me. Annoying.

Your scissors seem to be a bit rusted...
These are old japanese steel scissors I was given when I bought my first tree from someone. He was quitting, heard I was new and he gave me some duplicates. I managed to bend this on his tree, the same week not knowing they are for twigs only. Now the tips don't fully close and it has become my rootwork/coarse cutting scissor.

Jorow99

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Eig6zBjok7wp8DxDLIE-kd63WuGCJR1CQiumJtRJDb1UgBelWKcKEM-I3g1gq6B_WWty2CWwxY-jPMTpmcd8ZGqgmRxnv6qhbbkKGut5PbU4pkwdLKvUmp5Zh38HgefV_hNjXvABibrk3R6ThZE_QbqEpiLETkvag-fX36JauBbqb0uJJEH5WupNr9UP-iBx0Mw3tfuyXS-xyajQbXvyDk7t1fKyWweG-ySN4lRCrdRfDvlO1MI0yxvmWj1pVOi8QHHzsKLuSvJk_pADuozZ6MlhfI3nG522CuleVvcNdzRxkYrHQgd1iD5qTk75sj51NtPysQLPp1RUQ28HFMUuKola0AvRxhzLdlODHm2BH7ZbMIIDKl1je1RCQa6Ru1MWxMZxx5vPs9Pv0ICytF8BdF503_hELBbUN7_q38A2Y120LdJLd87p3tdnZgpYaoja6icjXpPe69WYHu_nTdJhd78MPdHn8yB9q1P0pJByhT00yraynYPccPfu5bve3Y8JPw6vMwX70HvaKrnhf4u6CJox-qK6HG_0_t9AMRia8l_HU30fTz1DnLh9LghLM2beXCo2Wl2z_P9NWuW5HhlTfpZH4zA2bvvklOWbhO5if8NxsCVTY9fx_rd9HpYodY18cs7fxyZ5FfLhxpvJ-hlgOGBoxP6B7kI=w451-h601-no

Found this creepy dude hanging out on one of my pines.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Have you had a tetness shot in the last ten years or ever?

I sort of asked in my previous post, I suppose he keeps his vaccines updated. A friend who was a nurse told me she saw someone die from tetanus, and she said he didn't die a happy death.

Or perhaps he's anti-vaccination, in which case, good luck to him...

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I feed the hummingbirds and have probably 20 that hang around. I have seen several babies this summer but I have not been able to find any nest. This one came in the garage this morning while I was working on trees.
View attachment 259322
Nice!
Did you snag him from mid-flight with repotting chop sticks?

0soyoung

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Even if they are edible, I imagine that they are not enough to even taste. Maybe our resident micologist, @wireme, knows what these little umbrella-like guys are that annually appear on a few of my bonsai (in this case a chaenomeles).

btw, those two little balls are Osmocote prills.

Top Bottom