Please Share your Photos

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
little guy

That's a beautiful animal.

I don't know what the fuck that thing with the bottle in his hand is....lol!

God tends to not leave such beautiful things around very long. We don't deserve it!

Thanks for sharing!

Sorce

Reaction score
USDA Zone
View attachment 278796

My son and I were lucky enough to head down to southern Illinois and saw the Eclipse in 2017. Spent several very hot hours setting the camera up with a filter, got some great shots of the eclipse, and then my son shouts "Dad! The Diamond Ring" and rips the camera off the tripod, rips the filters off the lens, and starts freehanding. I started yelling at him "What the hell are you doing? Do you know how hard it was to set this up?" and so forth...dad of the year stuff, and he shows me this shot. He has an incredible raw talent in photography, but not even a passing interest in it any longer.

If you ever have the opportunity to experience a full solar eclipse, it is an amazing experience. The animals and insects go silent minutes before it happens. You can see the shadow rushing across the earth, and the temperature dropped about 25F on the hill we were on. You can understand why in ancient times they thought the world would end. And there is just no way in words to explain a 360 degree sunset. There was a guy flying a drone to capture a full 360 panoramic, but still wouldn't do it justice.
we were Lucky enough to be in the path of totality here. kinda neat to hit some golf shots during the eclipse.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
...giving him subcutaneous water treatments weekly, but doing well!
We've been up to every other day for a few months now. Here's the last one she'll get...
One for the road so to say. She started having seizures yesterday
DSC_3877.JPG DSC_3878.JPG
I'll post some happier pics of her another day.
I use one of those Irwin trigger squeeze like wood clamps on a grandfather clock.
The metal rod through it fits the hole in the top of the bag perfectly ;)

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
We've been up to every other day for a few months now. Here's the last one she'll get...
One for the road so to say. She started having seizures yesterday

Sorry my friend! I like the ideal of warming up the water, no one ever told us that! Kidney disease?
Here is my blue pitty that I rescued off the street, she is a gem! Six or seven years old now.
IMG_2277.JPG

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Sorry my friend! I like the ideal of warming up the water, no one ever told us that! Kidney disease?
Thank you. Yes she was stage 3 failure last few years.
Her sudden blindness got her to the point of not drinking near as much
which already wasn't enough or we wouldn't have been doing the fluids.
Nobody ever told us that either. Avg temperature of a house cat is 101.5F
Once I saw her shivering after fluids, so baby bottle time. At 108º I think the plastic is safe enough
given the circumstances, and left submersed for 5 or so minutes gets the bag to where it is just
warm to the forearm. The fluid will also cool as it travels down the line no doubt so I was hoping
it was in that "Goldy Locks" zone, to not shock at 1st push and not chill the poor <6# animal.
I was brought up on glass baby bottles in a pot made for multiple bottles, much like this one...
s-l1000.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If that's an elf, santa should be scared.

Lol! We tried to make a Yoda bit couldn't remember how he looks, so it turned into this thing like the house elf on Harry Potter, only not! Eeeee...my "almost tree" now 7 called it an "off-brand Yoda", I almost died! Lol!

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Lol! We tried to make a Yoda bit couldn't remember how he looks, so it turned into this thing like the house elf on Harry Potter, only not! Eeeee...my "almost tree" now 7 called it an "off-brand Yoda", I almost died! Lol!

Sorce
Mortified. Probably embarrassed to death.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I know where THAT tree is. It's a hackberry and it loves hockey and basketball...View attachment 279841
Yup!
I thought you had mentioned it in the past.
It really is looking great, the proportions are just beautiful! Low branches are nearly touching the ground.

Top Bottom