Please Share your Photos

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
You may have if you were downtown near the Capitol One Arena--It's on the grounds of the National Portrait Gallery at the intersection of 7th and F St.
Yeah.. I ave walked something like 20 miles per day in DC, certainly passing the NPG. So indeed. Seen THAT tree.

Also saw this a lot, so many cool trees in DC to dig!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yeah.. I ave walked something like 20 miles per day in DC, certainly passing the NPG. So indeed. Seen THAT tree.

Also saw this a lot, so many cool trees in DC to dig!
View attachment 279880
That's a Crape Myrtle. Here in the DC area, we are near the plant's northern hardiness limit. The species has spectacular flowers in the summertime and is a common bonsai subject in China (which is its native country). DC has some spectacular trees. It has been called the "City of Trees" many are famous. Old specimen trees pop out in odd surroundings.
old boxwood on Capitol Hill, Jefferson Elm on the Mall--one of the parent trees of Dutch Elm Disease resistant American Elms, Capitol Hill Sequoia, dawn redwood grove National Arb.hillbox.jpghillbox2.jpgjeffersonelm.jpgcapitolhillsequoia.jpgdawnredwoodgrovearb.jpg

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
In the ugly phase of winter with dirty slush and naked trees. No house plants blooming, just a dull month.
Found this gem at a trader joes, not the prettiest pink but its the only cymbidium they had and I'd been wanting one.

Attachments

• 20200201_083700-980x2016.jpg
    20200201_083700-980x2016.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200201_083652-980x2016.jpg
    20200201_083652-980x2016.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 6

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
In the ugly phase of winter with dirty slush and naked trees. No house plants blooming, just a dull month.
Found this gem at a trader joes, not the prettiest pink but its the only cymbidium they had and I'd been wanting one.
Love orchids. Just got a new phal at an orchid show last weekend. P. Chia Shing "Hot Kiss"my new orchid.jpg

GailC

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
Thats beautiful @Carol 83 , I've never seen a phal like that. Our orchid show is usually in march, I should go and see what I can find.

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
It's been such a GRAY winter. Not terribly cold, just lots of dull, gray days. Today was in the 50's and sunny! So nice to be able to sit outside and enjoy a little sunshine. View attachment 285191
Made for a great day of travel. Instead of being bunkered down in a freezing car for 10 hour, it was a nice heater on low with maybe a window cracked and it was great. This reminds me I need to look into my upcoming weather. Thank you.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Made for a great day of travel. Instead of being bunkered down in a freezing car for 10 hour, it was a nice heater on low with maybe a window cracked and it was great. This reminds me I need to look into my upcoming weather. Thank you.
We also went to a wild animal rescue place that was really cool. Bald eagles, owls, coyotes, foxes, etc. So nice to spend some time outside! Glad you had a good day too.

Top Bottom