Please Share your Photos

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
View attachment 459045
Just got back today. Trips over but vacation keeps rolling between dr appts.
A quick tease of some of the pics from the Nikon
View attachment 459046
A similar pic that was posted earlier from the phone cam.
Let me know if the full image is too large to view on mobile platform.
This was taken from our balcony to the room we stayed in at Bear Creek Lodge in Telluride, Colorado.

View attachment 459047

View attachment 459048

Since returning home my pain level has increased dramatically. By just the 2nd trip in the door with our gear
I was limping around like an old man. Last 2 pics from the same vantage point (at the end of the entrance to the units doors
shown below behind the metal stairs)

View attachment 459050
Wow!!! The shadow contrast and depth in that second shot... The yellows really give it "depth perception".

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Zelkova, "hokidachi" :

Ingrannes_221012o-zelko.jpg

Quercus robur, a local species that probably germinated long before the park was created :

Ingrannes_221012p-quercus.jpg

Another oak, Quercus phellos, in the North-American section. Not as impressive, but I can stand under the branches and I have to reach my arm to touch the first branches tghat are about 2.50 metres (roughly 6,56168 feet) :

Ingrannes_221012r-phellos.jpg

Taxodium distichum around a pond :

Ingrannes_221012s-taxodium-1.jpg Ingrannes_221012s-taxodium-2.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Monday, "Arboretum des Grandes Bruyères", the most beautiful park miles around. The last sunny day before the rain. A few photos :

View attachment 459214 View attachment 459215 View attachment 459216 View attachment 459217 View attachment 459218

Probably Acer x freemanii :

View attachment 459219 View attachment 459220 View attachment 459221
Yes sir . Freemani (NORMALLY weird to ID, but I accidentally specialize in Freemani! 🤣). but not one of the standard cultivars HERE...

Yours displays the "bloodleaf" trait FORWARD.. I have one like it, but with less "silver" in the leaf shape.. but it's a first-gen cross-poll ending it's second growing season, (I also have Freemani FROM Freemani SEED) so it's still figuring itself out ..

Here's my Freemani that exhibits "bloodleaf" this is a few weeks ago, after the "blood spots" took over, but before the red got really deep and rich (different 'breeders' have different names for this trait.)IMG_20221011_101212.jpg

And this, actually is my Freemani Landscape cultivar (IF it retains these traits NEXT year)... I call it "Mermelado Largo"

IMG_20221011_101141.jpg

Last edited:

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Both those images were from a week or two ago. I decided to snap a fresh shot...

"Mermelado Largo" up front..

...and the remaining "bloodleaf" leaves right behind.IMG_20221017_130633.jpg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Does he have a name?
Well.. my friend who caught him, and cared for him the first three months, (you cannot buy or sell turtles in US under 4 inches) called him "Picasso", the fifth ninja turtle, and also because he is a painted turtle.

🤓

I don't think it's right to CHANGE the name.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wow!!! Those rapids r'great!
I think that's what drew us to the excursion to begin with. It's an old mining rail that's still
kept up very well, and follows the river up the mountain. We opted for the bus ride back down
which gives a whole new view of the area + months ago we had no idea of the weather to expect
when we booked the bus. By rail it's 3.5 hours in the open gondola (which we chose open for pictures and views)
which would've been worse if temp was in the 40's and raining.
DSC_8552.JPG
The closed in cars like these would be warmer and protected from wind more, but the gondolas provide better viewing
so that was the bottom line.

DSC_8539.JPG

DSC_8532.JPG

DSC_8553.JPG
It's hard to convey the angle of how steep this mountain is, but also, the train cars pitched it appeared to be a foot travel
is many places as the cars rocked left and right. This pitching made it difficult to walk up and down the isles
and standing at the latrine was an experience. Imagine a porta potty rocking to a 12" pitch in the worst places on the tracks.

DSC_8563.JPG
DSC_8571.JPG

DSC_8581.JPG
DSC_8582.JPG

Then as we came into the town of Silverton.
DSC_8574.JPG

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Top Bottom