Please Share your Photos

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Walking the dog and noticed these guys

Can't remember the name (and don't want to spent time browsing my books) but I think that this is the kind of mushroom that makes you sick when you eat some by accident (in a batch of good ones), and causes months later an allergic reaction when you drink alcohol.

The chemical involved was synthetized and used for a while to treat alcohol dependency, but it was too dangerous: some people died because they couldn't refrain from having a drink and choked.

I'll have pasta (without mushroom) tonight.

I'll open another can of Kilkenny.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Autumn flowers are in the shades of pink and white (OK, it isn't autumn yet, but after a very dry, hot summer, we're having a rather cool, wet September).

Colchicum. I planted them about three years ago, they come back each year. First the leaves in late spring, that disappear, then flowers in mid-September:

colch-cil_170909a.jpg

Cyclamen. I planted a couple of tubers thet a friend gave me years ago and they've spread across the garden, particularly in areas where they're in the shades like the foot of trees.

cyclamen_170909a.jpg

They must reproduce by seed: last year, I spotted one about 20 yards (or metres) from the nearest pink ones. It was a very pure white. Like for the Colchicum, the leaves appear first, then disappear, and only the flowers come out in autumn. This year, it's got more flowers than last year and I will pot it when tha flowers are gone.

cyclamen-blanc_170909a.jpg

There are also sweet peas that come back every year. I used to have white ones and pink ones, but only the pink ones stayed. There's one growing on a berberis that I pruned hard in late winter and that is about 80 cm (3 feet minus 4 inches) high, I like the contrast:

lathyrus-odo_170909a.jpg
Rhodohypoxis. A white one that suffered in the summer but still keeps on displaying flowers:

rhodohypoxis_170909a.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Good one!

Go see the joke in the nudiformhs thread!

@AlainK of OMG...

I know right?

I thought we were supposed to be unassociating guns and schools.

But here we go.

Wal-Mart lobbys.
Wal-Mart sells the guns and\or ammo.
Mothers babies get shot.
Mothers buy tissues from Wal-Mart.
And tv's to watch the news to be reminded they need more tissue.

It's Fucking sad!

Her folks went down to Texas for a grandparents day at the kids school.
It was cancelled due to a mid who found a gun and killed himself.

Can't remember the last time a gun saved someone's life!

But our FUTURE is dying!

Sorce

Starfox

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
Crappy photo but got a bit of a shock when I put some scraps in the compost bin.

IMG_4781d.JPG

Not really sure what type it is, maybe a young Montpellier snake or something.
I have been trying to get a better picture but he is quick, was actually climbing out which is a good thing but I spooked it back in.
Hopefully it is just passing through, don't need snake dramas with the kids, dog, wife, trees and such.

Top Bottom