Please Share your Photos

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm still shocked.o_Oo_O:D:D:D:D:D:D

This picture tugs at my heart strings. I assume, that is your dad? My dad took my son fishing for the first time when he was 5, he caught a 5lb catfish, and was "hooked". My dad was kind of a gruff and grumble kind of guy, (with a heart of gold) But fishing was their connection and at 26, my son still goes fishing every chance he gets.[/QUOTE]

Mine too.....not a friggen ounce of hair product between the three of us!!! I was REALLY on vacation!!!
DSC00084.JPGDSC00089.JPG
DSC00090.JPG

….c'mon GrammpyRay!!!
DSC00091.JPG
mommies waiting...
DSC00092.JPG

DSC00100.JPG

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
1557024469882.png

1557024799390.png
This is where the Sun rises 1st in the United States. Missed that window of time, but caught a faint Sun dog :)
DSC_3039.JPG
It had rained on our way up to Cadillac Mt, and a wonderful fog had set in.
I have a silly fantasy of when I retire, to have a canoe and go out on rivers and take in fogs in the early mornings.
I don't have a photography studio nor have much education on how a camera works. I have been to a few photography
conventions as a kid and composition critiquing captivated me. One of my Dads pictures that placed 2nd had been mounted
ever so slightly off level, that otherwise would have placed 1st in whatever category it was in. So the WV Treetop is just to protect
my favourite pictures.
Mackinac gazebo copy.jpg
This one ^ is hanging in 3 of our family homes. Taken at Mission Point if I remember correctly.
1557026030212.png
Yes this was Mission Point.The Gazebo is 180º behind me here.
Didn't stay on the island, but enjoyed much of it. Love the no vehicles part. It's truly a romantic getaway for the Northern edge of the US.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Red Tail Hawk that I chased around for days.
Catching a bird in flight is doable but I am not good at it.
This is the best I ever pulled off, not that good though. I'm slow.

View attachment 239871
I think you done real good with that one :) Yes can be difficult and a fast write speed and telephoto helps immensely.
My lens is only 18-105, and had just a narrow window floating in a raft through the Tetons to get these.
In a raft fully zoomed, handheld = blur
DSC_1609.JPG
The other blurred pic before this one is on the other memory card (run twin card slots had a write error mid action :( )
In the other pic, one of these 2 birds, Bald Eagle and a Osprey, pretty sure it's the Osprey, had a fish and the other came in
mid flight and challenged the other for the rights to the fish, practically right over our heads, and I get a write error.
I will have to check my videos and see if I got any of that in action. Any way the fish dropped over 100' to the ground.
DSC_1611.JPG

DSC_1612.JPG
IN COMING!

DSC_1613.JPG

DSC_1615.JPG

DSC_1617.JPG
I would guess this shot was up to 300' away, and a one time window.

DSC_1624.JPG

DSC_1625.JPG
...so this is the Osprey as the Eagle was coming in still with dinner in its grips from the other memory card.

Yours showing the eye ball in good detail is quite sharp compared :)

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Same bird but peep the neck when a giant ass carp is in it!

I was taking "cant see em" pics in the sun, looked up and this thing had a good 18in male carp hanging out his mouth!
20190505_121746.jpg20190505_121842.jpg

Wish I got the fish pic.

I was "Holy fucking" the whole thing!

Sorce

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Growing up there were rarely if ever any birds of prey spotted in my area. The occasional osprey and red tailed hawk, but it was not a common sight. A little over a year ago a pair of bald eagles took up residence high up in a tree. It was magical. Once they were spotted it excited the entire town, including my father who has always loved bald eagles. He's retired and really never had any hobbies or interests. After seeing people coming down there with their cameras to take photos he decided he wanted to give it a shot. Over the last year he has bought equipment and immersed himself in photography. The eagles last year had two babies. The town watched them grow and eventually leave the nest. It was incredible. The eagles never left and have now had two more babies this year that just hatched a few weeks ago. My dad visits the nest everyday and takes some photos. Here are a few recent ones of mom and dad. I think he's done amazing and learning and getting high quality shots.
eagle.jpgeagle2.jpgeagle3.jpg

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Great photos of the eagles!
Im not fortuned that much, we only had a couple of woodland pigeons that set the nest on our tree, they had 2 babies, we watched them how they learn to fly, it was sweet and heartwarming.
Unfortunately we had to trim a tree down a bit as it was getting out of the control and the nest spot is way more exposed than before, they do comeback every spring but they did not nest again:(
It was really nice to have them there, i can only imagine what is it when eagles nest is around.

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Growing up there were rarely if ever any birds of prey spotted in my area. The occasional osprey and red tailed hawk, but it was not a common sight. A little over a year ago a pair of bald eagles took up residence high up in a tree. It was magical. Once they were spotted it excited the entire town, including my father who has always loved bald eagles. He's retired and really never had any hobbies or interests. After seeing people coming down there with their cameras to take photos he decided he wanted to give it a shot. Over the last year he has bought equipment and immersed himself in photography. The eagles last year had two babies. The town watched them grow and eventually leave the nest. It was incredible. The eagles never left and have now had two more babies this year that just hatched a few weeks ago. My dad visits the nest everyday and takes some photos. Here are a few recent ones of mom and dad. I think he's done amazing and learning and getting high quality shots.
View attachment 241253View attachment 241254View attachment 241255
Awesome pics. Love the one with the twig in its mouth! Guess they build a more substantial nest than a robin :)

Top Bottom