Please Share your Photos

Wires_Guy_wires

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
I sort of asked in my previous post, I suppose he keeps his vaccines updated. A friend who was a nurse told me she saw someone die from tetanus, and she said he didn't die a happy death.

Or perhaps he's anti-vaccination, in which case, good luck to him...
Our doctors aren't convinced yet if tetanus mutates enough to get another shot.
I have had my shot when I was a kid, and I keep being told that it lasts somewhere between 10 and an unknown amount of years. I'm almost 29 now and last year the doctors didn't think it necessary to get another shot; when you get a cut by a rusty nail it's too late for a shot anyway.
There haven't been enough cases of infections with vaccinated people to pin down on how long the vaccine could work. Which sucks because I too have witnessed cases that go waaaay beyond torture.

I am very familiar with pharmaceutical production, I mean, it's my line of work nowadays, and I understand the skepticism about the ingredients. I have 350+ pages of documentation about them and I can understand that's just too much for consumers to process. I think my employer, as well as nearly every single producer, could provide more bitesized information on them. Yes, formaldehyde is used, but it's also a couple thousand times less the amount that the human body produces all by itself every day.

On the other hand, not vaccinating also helps big pharma to keep selling medication like antibiotics and antivirals, it's a win-win for them either way. I can safely say they make more money on the pills than on the vaccines. If they really had profits as their only aim, they wouldn't even produce vaccines.
That's something you never hear Karen on Facebook talk about..

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Your regular Doctor should know that your hobby is horticulture. That's a different risk factor than someone who plays checkers.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
One memory/souvenir of my late father is a music-box ceramic windmill, the kind tourists buy.

It's still on a shelf in my mother's new "elderly people's home". One of the wings was repaired but it still plays a ting-a_ting tune. I sometimes wind the wings when I visit her ;)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
On the other hand, not vaccinating (...)

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
One memory/souvenir of my late father is a music-box ceramic windmill, the kind tourists buy.

It's still on a shelf in my mother's new "elderly people's home". One of the wings was repaired but it still plays a ting-a_ting tune. I sometimes wind the wings when I visit her ;)
How old is your Mom, what is considered Elderly in France ?

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Over here in the UK we have an old rural craft (and one of my Dad’s old jobs) called hedge laying. This is where you slice nearly all the the way through the base of a hedging plant and lay it down on to it’s neighbour, and so on. You then drive stakes through it (normally with hazel, though this depends which regional style you use) and then bind it along the top with hazel or willow whips, creating a much stronger and more manageable hedge which quickly becomes livestock proof - even if it is only a thin hedge originally. This is an example.
715201E5-E1B2-484E-919D-E2E07D0BF881.jpeg

Anyway, My girlfriend and I went to a country show today and in the middle was a display of “bonsai” hawthorn hedges, perfectly laid in regional styles. Each hedge around 3ft long. Pretty cool. I didn’t want to interrupt his lunch so I didn’t ask the fella, but something tells me these weren’t his only scaled down plants in pots...5D2E5E04-FD39-4EA1-990B-F67B7EAEE1E4.jpeg

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
How old is your Mom, what is considered Elderly in France ?

My kochana mamma is 89. Went to see her today and cooked for her, but she's doing fine. She's got friends there, goes walking (with her cane) every morning, and the food's good when she has lunch at the "restaurant". The appartment is about $500 amonth, and a lunch, full course, about $7. We pay a lot of taxes here in old Europe. We care about those who have lived a life of work and cared for the others, a just reward from the community for those who worked all their life for the bernefit of all of us.

A very different point of view from other systems.

Call us "communists" if you like: I don't believe in any god, I believe in solidarity between people and generations. I don't pray, I'm happy to pay taxes so everyone can live in a dignified way.

We've got a very good health system here, you don't need to be rich to get the best treatment. As I said in another post, she has now diabetes, and it costs her $0.00 : when I read what it costs elsewhere (I mean in the capitalst US), I'm appalled. I think that for all those who need insulin, it's no more than £0.01 a month for me. That's a choice we've made.

Call us "communists" if you like.

Top Bottom