Please Share your Photos

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
the dates are relative to the positional lunar timing
Got it. I actually had time to study the picture and with a little more clarity today.
Nothing in the second picture that wasn't in the 1st for the timing, just a new day here.
I wasn't reading the "map" right and got lost. My take on the 18th was wrong, sorry.
I mean shoot, the one picture on its side you'd laugh if you knew how long it took me to
read the hyphenated word represen-
tations. Represen just had to be another language last night, then it finally clicked.
I can unscramble a word puzzle pretty good, but put it on its side and hyphenate it, 🙃 🤪

Housguy

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Okay, this is a long shot, but worth a try. Does anyone know of any famous Japanese wood artist, especially using drift wood from beaches? I received this piece of drift wood art from my father about 10 plus years ago, but he doesn't remember his name and I am desperately trying to get a connection between the drift wood art you see below and the artist who created it. The only history I know of with this piece, is that the artist was visiting the United States from Japan for demos and to sell his art work and my father talked him into selling him this piece for my birthday over 10 years ago. He said the name once back then and I and him completely forgot, SMH. It is an image of a whale breaching out of the ocean.
IMG_5021.JPG

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Okay, this is a long shot, but worth a try. Does anyone know of any famous Japanese wood artist, especially using drift wood from beaches? I received this piece of drift wood art from my father about 10 plus years ago, but he doesn't remember his name and I am desperately trying to get a connection between the drift wood art you see below and the artist who created it. The only history I know of with this piece, is that the artist was visiting the United States from Japan for demos and to sell his art work and my father talked him into selling him this piece for my birthday over 10 years ago. He said the name once back then and I and him completely forgot, SMH. It is an image of a whale breaching out of the ocean.
View attachment 312894
I've no clue but perhaps tagging @Brian Van Fleet , could maybe tag one who would know?
Good luck on your quest...

My take on the piece of art is within the wood itself. A burdened red headed gentleman with long
hair, beard and mustache, wearing round like glasses with a very pronounced eyebrow.

CasAH

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
(((For the above “space junk”.. I, also, thought anthracite coal, at first. While we do receive SOME anthracite from “the Lake Mother”... this is porous... and magnetic... may have anthracite IN it.

-

View attachment 313109View attachment 313110View attachment 313111
It is slag. The junk skimmed off of the blast furnace when making steel. Used as driveway and road materials up into the 1970’s.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Second trip out today.. the hottest day for the next two weeks... and with the characteristic humidity that makes it feel like your wading through chowder.. breathing broth through a straw. (And it wasn’t even THAT humid today... ) July just SUCKS for that heat/humidity combo.. I’ll take the cold.

Or just move to Eugene.....

That’s my favorite place/climate I’ve lived in/experienced (so far)

Door County
04234264-AE8B-4F2B-9C80-33051E571196.jpeg06E5691C-4A43-41D2-8A5E-184CC619329D.jpeg
My oldest, Riley Sebastian doing his “Deep woods Asparagus Salsemen impression” ... the voice was great!

Such a funny kid!
5819F756-8C62-406B-A986-A7D2BF780DD9.jpeg580CFD6A-4A34-474E-9139-3C47218305D3.jpegEF76E16A-A116-43CF-B7EC-E2AF8A5A0C4E.jpeg

Japonicus

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Second trip out today
Quite the trail blazer you are. OH! I think that may have been the name of the news paper my
dad was a photographer for in WWll, Trail Blazer.
The sun's out now!
Kind of bright today...unlike myself.

Top Bottom