Please show me a Jacaranda or a Delonix (Royal Poinciana) bonsai that has not been photoshopped?

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
"It's immoral to let a sucker keep his money." - Canada Bill Jones
I couldn't disagree more. Everyone was a n00b at one time. Caveat emptor is not a decent policy for a capitalist economy, as it rests upon the false premise that the buyer always has adequate information/expertise to evaluate the claims of the seller. By definition, a bonsai beginner is not an expert horticulturalist and should not be expected to exhaustively research the claims of 3rd-party vendors of the world's largest online retail marketplace. It's not like they're buying from a sketchy dude selling seeds out of the back of a van down by the river. Granted, I would expect most mentally competent adults with an interest in gardening to have that "something seems a little fishy" feeling, but I could easily see some 10 year old kid saving up their allowance to buy blue maple seeds, not realizing that such a thing does not exist, and then getting swindled. And that's just wrong. And it's not their fault.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I'm gonna bet that the flowers on Jacaranda Bonsai Blue are not as good as mimosifolia. The few photos I've come across looked pretty sparse.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
But...Jacarandas blooming here are always blue! Orange/red are the Flamboyants, Flame Trees, Delonix Regia.
?
Original poster asked for pictures of a Jacaranda or a Delonix regia. My pictures are those of a Delonix regia.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b

just the job eh?
I rest my case. If the clusters were as tight as the Real Thing the photo would show it. I'm just an imitation of a marketing guy, but I'd tell the the photographer to sit there in front of the tree and get me a better shot of the whole enchilada, or nada. Come back with a glorious shot, or on your shield. Capiche?

bonhe

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hi Clicio,
Recently one of my friends also told me that Delonix can’t bloom when it was in bonsai pot, but I don’t believe that because I used to see quite a few of blooming Delonix bonsai in Vietnam! I really love to have Delonix because it reminds me my childhood. This seedling is in 2nd years of age now. It survived the 1st winter here!
9847F9CB-C268-41BC-B65A-F8E0C1920A47.jpeg A7DFC333-DAD0-4BA2-9B6F-7A7DA1E00CAF.jpeg

I also love to grow Monkey Pot tree (Rain Tree) into bonsai. When I recently visited Hawaii, there are so many Monkey Pot trees on the street, parks and mountains! I really love to see it in flowers !
D2B973C2-699D-4455-9653-68AF0F97EB99.jpeg 55566F9F-4924-48BE-9F2B-C4827A4283CD.jpeg 4EEB30F8-A29B-48D7-8B24-F9D1C89AEE3A.jpeg

Do you have any experience about it ? Thanks
Thụ Thoại

Top Bottom