Please tell me someone isn't going to buy this tree...

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
I'm still the highest bidder for now but since you've told everybody about it I'm not sure I'll be the auction winner...

grouper52

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I must admit, there are moments I think of selling all my trees on Ebay . . . :D

Local venues here - where folks seem to know what's what - can never touch the insane prices asked, and apparently paid, on Ebay.

Fools and their money.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This seller is apparently based in Shangai, as noted. This Shanghai seller --or at least someone claiming to have had a "great" experience buying from him (I'd guess it's probably the same person)--has posted over on the IBC . The person posting said they had purchased an apricot from this outfit and had it shipped to the US without knowing the importation laws. This seller is one I would avoid. It's trouble.

The seller says he will "ship the tree to the US." If it is being imported from China, buyers in the US should take careful note of import restrictions--if this tree is sent to you without the proper quarantine (or in the case of some species-outright ban on import) you could be of interest to a number of law enforcement and Federal agencies here in the US--at least that's the way I've read the law. The guy posting on IBC was completely unaware of numerous US import quarantine restrictions or bans. ..

Makes no difference if the buyer doesn't know where the tree came from. Ignorance of the law is mostly not a legal defense.

Additionally, the price this tree is fetching is silly--as are the prices for all of the rather pathetic pines on the Shanghai-based website. This piece of junk is about a $300 tree here in the states--even with its numerous ugly flaws. If you're bidding on it, you might get more for your money's worth by looking for domestic material. There are more than a few US sellers where $750 would buy a VERY VERY nice tree...without the doubts.

Last edited:

Klytus

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
It's a great looking Nixon tree.

Shipment of goods from the Orient seems to take strange routes,from Singapore my goods went to Guangdong? then Almaty then Paris before Stanstead.

Until then i did not know from whence the apple originated,Kazakhstan apparently.

BUBBAFRGA

Mame
Reaction score
are you guys saying that this tree wouldn't look good in my living room on top of the fireplace?

Not at all, it would look great after you take to a florest and they put silk needles on the dead stump.

Top Bottom