Poinsettia (Euphorbia Pulcherrima)

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have gotten an half dead christmas star from my parents because they where about to throw it away, i wonder can i safe them and what it the best way. Should / can i report a weak plant and / or should i just mist it maybe and give it much light and wait till spring?

Reaction score
Leave it, next to a window, have it moist, and let it dry sometimes. I always eatered mine when the leaves started to wilt a little bit. They HATE draft and love sun. They got killed both when my mom let the window open whwn it was cold outside.. Just weeks after eachother..

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Leave it, next to a window, have it moist, and let it dry sometimes. I always eatered mine when the leaves started to wilt a little bit. They HATE draft and love sun. They got killed both when my mom let the window open whwn it was cold outside.. Just weeks after eachother..
Most of the leaves are/have fallen of, is it too late maybe (should i give it additional light / moist / warmth?)

Reaction score
I guess only moist, but I have no idea where your mom kept it, could be in the fridge or on the radiator. Both cases it's dead. Now, all jokes aside, you really should check out how moist the soil is.

ghues

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Pull it out of the pot to see what the roots look like. Expect all (or most) of the original leaves to fall off but if the roots are alive give it lots of bright light, water etc and it should come back. I've even put them outside in the summer (50th latitude here).
G.

Mike MoMo

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6-A
I have mine under grow lights. Cut off any flowers and colored leaves. Water when dry. Go on YouTube and look for Nigel Saunders video on poinsettias bonsai

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The pots are really small and probably rootbound, it was kept on the livingroom table with medium temps and light, maybe it got too much water. So, i will check the roots, slippot them and put them sunny.

eferguson1974

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I never heard of them being bonsai but they get eight feet tall here. There always around, I'll have to try a couple. Thanks for the idea.

Top Bottom