Pomagranite

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I picked up a couple Pomegranates this week. As you may know, pomegranate usually grow very straight trunk and branches. However, I’m experimenting with cutting back the original growth and wiring the secondary grow for more movement. I was luck, I found a couple that had already been cut back and had some branches ready for wiring. I have left stubs on the branches to minimize dieback.

Despite the tendency to grow straight, I really like pomegranate. I like the flowers and the leaves. Cuttings also root easily. Currently, I’m growing three varieties both in baskets and in the ground.

Attachments

• pom1a.jpg
    pom1a.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 87
  • pomagranite1-jan-2010-002.jpg
    pomagranite1-jan-2010-002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 90

fredtruck

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice start, Barry. Will this pomegranate develop the twisting trunk I've seen on other bonsai poms?

bonsai barry

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice start, Barry. Will this pomegranate develop the twisting trunk I've seen on other bonsai poms?

No, I don't think so. I have several in the ground that are of that variety but they aren't really twisted yet. I'm going to dig one of them out this spring, I'll post photos.

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
Looken good Jeff, I've never owned a pomegranate before, but I really like them.

Top Bottom