Pond basket source

Cypress187

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
The oval one doesn't look so useful (maybe for a forest ;) ), but the others look like normal pond-baskets.

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I use the 7 inch squares. Durable and they last a long time. I clean them off with a wire brush. I buy mine from a hydroponic store for about the same price.
20180826_081749.jpg

BonsaiNaga13

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I got some this week from home Depot for $1.47. the home Depot price depends on the store so checking different ones close to you would be a good idea. One a few miles from me had em for 2.47 but the one right around the corner a dollar cheaper.

bonsaichile

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Smaller soil particles tend to fall through the holes. I use a lot of sifted oil dry in my mixes. Stacking two reduces the hole size by half and makes them more rigid. A month or so later I remove the extra in most cases.

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Smaller soil particles tend to fall through the holes. I use a lot of sifted oil dry in my mixes. Stacking two reduces the hole size by half and makes them more rigid. A month or so later I remove the extra in most cases.
I have done this. The larger size DE that I used to have solved that problem.

Rid

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Has anyone found something larger than the 10” basket at the big box stores?

Underdog

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have done this. The larger size DE that I used to have solved that problem.
Yes I have a box waiting for spring! Looks great. I hope you get more again.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Has anyone found something larger than the 10” basket at the big box stores?
A couple of days ago I went to the largest asian/world grocery (K & S World Market) in Nashville. There they have very reasonable heavy duty fine mesh plastic colanders ranging up to 3'. Seriously, 3' in diameter. I'm guessing the restaurant industry, rather than common shopper, are the predominant customers for that whole section of kitchen supplies. You likely have something like this in Atlanta.

I know its not a pond basket. I'm trying to get away from colanders having finally found those sturdy pond baskets at one of the kinda close home depots, but 3'...damn...some weird part of me thought...I could definitely put something in that!!?

Top Bottom