Pond basket source

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I will never order from Pond Depot again. Charged me, 2 weeks ago, no shipping notification, no reply to emails. I am beginning to thing I have been jipped for 40 bucks.:D

Does anyone know where to find a good source for high quality pond baskets?

I know so far to stay away from the Hagan 9x11's with the handles. The place I ordered them from (I forget) had a picture of the standard ones with the holes in the bottoms. What came had indents in the bottom for handles and 2 small rings of holes, junk. Stay away from these, they will kill your tree's since water stays in the bottom more than a nursery can, although it does not appear that this would happen when looking at them.

The really big ones that came had to be doubled for strength and the holes overlapped to much too be uselfull. I have a large Larch in one of these contraptions and I had to duck tape the $%#@ out of it half way through the year. I think these worthless piece of junks were the 13x17's.

The best ones are the smaller sizes up to 9x11 and made of high quality plastic.

Marc

Last edited:

BonsaiRic

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ordered some from Pet Solutions and have had them about 4 years. Most are still intact with a few that partially broke. (probably due to my abuse of them ;) ) They've been good quality.

Attachments

• 96377051.jpg
    96377051.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 20

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ordered a bunch from thatpetplace.com. They were great - very fast shipping. The pond baskets they sell seem to hold up pretty well over time. I've been using them for a couple years now with no issues.

Tink32

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I ordered a bunch from thatpetplace.com. They were great - very fast shipping. The pond baskets they sell seem to hold up pretty well over time. I've been using them for a couple years now with no issues.

I also get my baskets from thatpetplace.com. pretty durable and the shipping is very prompt, I usually get mine in 3 days or so.

Tink

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
I get all different sizes from the 99 cent store. Most of their strainers are crap but they have one line that is much higher quality.

Top Bottom