Ponderosa in VA

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Have suggestions for tree but not good for a couple more years;).

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Shots of your material seem to have a certain @MACH5 -lite quality about them that I enjoy. I consider that pretty high praise...:cool::cool::cool:

…..clean, with an ok backdrop with not a half bad tree and container.....granted, bit of distance between trees, not necessarily a long bus ride when you have to pee, but maybe not Homer's Odyssey......heheheeeeeee:D

…..that bit of straight-ness with the wire near the crown.....anyway to manipulate a little better, with some movement?

….bark, though, lower down looks great.:cool::):)

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Shots of your material seem to have a certain @MACH5 -lite quality about them that I enjoy. I consider that pretty high praise...:cool::cool::cool:

…..clean, with an ok backdrop with not a half bad tree and container.....granted, bit of distance between trees, not necessarily a long bus ride when you have to pee, but maybe not Homer's Odyssey......heheheeeeeee:D

…..that bit of straight-ness with the wire near the crown.....anyway to manipulate a little better, with some movement?

….bark, though, lower down looks great.:cool::):)

Any comparison with Mach5 is high praise indeed. Not sure I see it, but thanks man!

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Update on this one. Hitting it with lots of fertilizer and sun and just letting it do its thing. Growing some long ass needles and its not done yet. I absolutely love the trunk and corky bark.

20200724_115009.jpg

My other one is struggling. It got hit with pine tip moths this spring that took out most of the new growth. They got the one above and my mugo pine too but to a much lesser extent. I decided to plant it in the ground in the sunniest part of my yard to see if it recovers. Hopefully I'll have something to update in a couple years.

Waldo

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Couple of great trees ! I like what you have done with them. Nice pots as well. Keep us posted on progress . thanks for sharing.

Potawatomi13

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I think it totally transforms the tree. Thoughts?

OK. For tree on "slab" pot trunk seems too long now. Would consider growing upper tree to add to trunk size? Second tree possible to consider eventual cut back to second or(even better)first branch:eek:?

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
OK. For tree on "slab" pot trunk seems too long now. Would consider growing upper tree to add to trunk size? Second tree possible to consider eventual cut back to second or(even better)first branch:eek:?

Uh, no.

VAFisher

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Quick update pic on one of my ponderosa. This one is doing well and is starting to take shape. My taller one was not doing so well - I think too much water and not enough sun - so I planted it in the ground in the sunniest part of my yard to hopefully recover. I've adjusted the watering on this one and moved it to a new location with more sun.

20210531_170018.jpg

Top Bottom