Ponderosa Pine as Bonsai

dkraft81

Shohin
Reaction score
I just got a new book in today called Ponderosa Pines as Bonsai by Larry Jackel. Talk about a great book. I dont actually enjoy reading but I finished this book already. There is a ton of good info in it for those who are interested in ponderosas. Lots of illustrations to go with the techniques he talks about which helps me since I'm more of a visual learner. I have been looking for a book that gives good guidelines for when work can and should be done and this is going to be a good help. I figured I would share as I'm sure I'm not the only person out there looking for info. I got my copy from stone lantern.

dick benbow

Omono
Reaction score
I have larry's book. I flew into Denver a few years back and spent some time with the author.
Good book, really decent human being. Recently named as curator for a bonsai display area.
A former high school teacher. :) can't say enough good about the book or author

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I just got a new book in today called Ponderosa Pines as Bonsai by Larry Jackel. Talk about a great book. I dont actually enjoy reading but I finished this book already. There is a ton of good info in it for those who are interested in ponderosas. Lots of illustrations to go with the techniques he talks about which helps me since I'm more of a visual learner. I have been looking for a book that gives good guidelines for when work can and should be done and this is going to be a good help. I figured I would share as I'm sure I'm not the only person out there looking for info. I got my copy from stone lantern.

Hey thanks for the heads up on the book. Some of the coolest pines I've seen were just stunted and growing wild in RMNP at altitude and often abused by my fellow tourists.

Top Bottom