Ponderosa

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
After reading your post I had to spend a few minutes finding the critter!

I take it, Victrinia, that you're not afraid of arachnids?

lol you should have seen how many friends I found visiting in the yew... they would move as I would move through the tree with wiring. I'd move them from one side to another. So no... I guess I do not. :cool:

v

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
As to the tree and fronts... I don't fret to much about the rules when I think of these things. As with all of my trees, I look for what really engages my interest. I have a history of being taught to enjoy dynamic and gnarly movement. (No big surprise there...) So for me the choice is obvious. I like to think on what natural forces brought about such dramatic movement, and how many decades (if not dozens) it took to happen... The other view has a certain heavy thichness which is not without appeal, but by comparison, for my eye, it's just uninteresting.

As the wise rock has said... six of one half a dozen of the other... :D

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I think this tree and the Yew you posted both show a significant improvement and development in your eye and skills to develop what you see. Both trees are excellent but your development is far more important.

kytombonsai

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Victrinia, Nice tree, I tend to like the deadwood area for the front. You can always put the tree in a round pot and enjoy it from both sides.

Top Bottom