Ponderosa.....

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
I thought I had better post a tree, so you would know I'm still doing bonsai and not just a troll. I talked Colin Lewis out of this one that he purchased from Andy Smith at Golden Arrow Bonsai. Colin is responsible for it's styling. Small Ponderosa are fairly rare and this one is just 18" tall. Out of curiosity, which do you like as the front. Just so you know, you can find some nice trees at bargain prices on ebay.

keep it green,
Harry

Attachments

• PonderosaFront.JPG
    PonderosaFront.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 100
  • PonderosaBack.JPG
    PonderosaBack.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

Mike Page

Mame
Reaction score
#2 image for me. The trunk is more interesting and the foliage seems fuller with this view,
Good tree!!

Mike

HotAction

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
#2 gets my vote as well, better structure of trunk and branches from that angle. Is that pot shaped like a football?

-Dave

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
#2 gets my vote as well, better structure of trunk and branches from that angle. Is that pot shaped like a football?

-Dave

Triangle pot by Jack Hoover.

keep it green

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
#2 get's my vote, also...it reminds me of some of the collected trees that were frequently pictured in the gallery portion of Bonsai Today. Good luck with it,

Dave

R_F

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very Nice. I would say 2 today and maybe 1 tomorrow....depends on my mood I guess!

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
The thing I like about this tree, it can two fronts.

keep it green,
Harry

Paul H.

Seedling
Reaction score
# 2 , but # 1is not bad at all . And keep the pics coming, thanks for sharing .Paul

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Great tree Harry.

Earlier I was thinking #2, but now I like #1. It could just be the picture, but #2 looks to have foliage going almost to the base of the tree, whereas the canopy on #1 seems to sit a bit higher and be more compact. Might just be the camera angle.

Seeing this tree is making me excited for my Ponderosa workshop tomorrow with Larry Jackel. Thanks for sharing.

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Nice tree Harry. I like either front actually. "Lucky you" to have a tree with multiple fronts.

Top Bottom