Porcupine Style Job

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Did some collecting today and came upon this.image.jpg
Noticed a lot of porcupine activity in the area. This was a nice Grand Fir. Evidently a bonsai artist resides in the woods. A little enthusiastic with the pruning. Not crazy about the Shari at the base either. But a real nice job jinning the top I thought. The tree with Jin is about 4' tall. I decided not to collect it. Too much injury on top of injury. I think the tree will survive. Grand Firs are very strong at back budding. I plan on visiting it next year to see if it survived and how the porcupine's style job is progressing.

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
Hasty phone pic didn't show the trunk's potential really well. I was focusing on the artist's creative work. I've saw the pics of M. Frary's mouse damage. Crude work. No offense, I just think they lacked the creative sensitivity of artist out here. After all, the tree MAY live.

Heavy_Set

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7/8
Thats some fancy work!!!

Just curious what types of trees you were looking to collect this time of year?

Arcto

Chumono
Reaction score
I didn't collect this late last year. We've had a week of cool wet weather that extended this window a bit. Right now I'm focusing on high elevation stuff. Hemlock, Fir, Pinemat Manzanita. A big problem here now is accessibility. So many trees down on the FS roads that a big chunk of the area is still not accessible.

Top Bottom