possible pot for collected trees

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Aesthetically you'll not be happy with them but for training purposes they will work fine provided you have added the drainage holes.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Downside--slippery for roots and stability. Also have to add a lot of drain holes. Additionally, plastic stuff like this can "wrack"--twist a bit when picked up when its full of soil and wreck new roots...

upside--cheap, available and mostly ready-made...

yenling83

Omono
Reaction score
I think i'm more a fan of building a wood box for newly collected trees, adding more drainage holes to terracotta bulb pots or using Anderson flats.

andrewiles

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Personally, I'd opt for something with a mesh bottom. Makes precise watering less of a requirement, which with collected trees can be hard since you have a mix of soil types. So in your shoes I'd either go with Anderson flats or make some wood containers with a screen bottom. The latter is really cheap and easy to do if you have a few tools and some time, and you can make a size that matches your needs.

19Mateo83

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I doubt those would stand up to UV light, they would probably get brittle after a year in the sun like 5 gal buckets do.

Top Bottom