Post your Errors / Problems HERE

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm not sure where I was on the site when that happened this morning ("Invalid redirect"). Since then, I've logged on several times and each time it has redirected properly. I'll keep an eye on it and try to note the specifics if it happens anymore.

Chris

Ok. Keep an eye on it. May just be a weird cache / cookie issue that has been resolved on your end (referring to old site code that I have since changed). Just watch each time you log in - and if you get the bug notice where you were logging in from, and see if you can repeat the bug several times. Thanks for your help!

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, I figured out where the problem is occurring. When I go to the main page www.bonsainut.com, there are 2 places where you can log in. One is in the upper right corner. When I log in there it redirects correctly. The other log in option is in the center of the page, to the left of the calendar. If I log in there (and uncheck the "remember me" box), I get the "Invalid redirect" response. I'm logged in, but it doesn't appear so.

Actually, now that I think about it, I've always wondered why there were 2 separate places to log on...

Chris

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
OK, I figured out where the problem is occurring. When I go to the main page www.bonsainut.com, there are 2 places where you can log in. One is in the upper right corner. When I log in there it redirects correctly. The other log in option is in the center of the page, to the left of the calendar. If I log in there (and uncheck the "remember me" box), I get the "Invalid redirect" response. I'm logged in, but it doesn't appear so.

Actually, now that I think about it, I've always wondered why there were 2 separate places to log on...

Chris

LOL ok try it now. :) Try as I might I can't seem to get the error message. I have been logging in and out from all the different pages. I changed one setting that MIGHT help but I can't figure it out. If you get the error message, look up at the Internet navigation bar and write down EXACTLY the URL that is displayed. I am very interested in whether it says:

http://www.bonsainut.com/.... etc etc
www.bonsainut.com/.... etc etc
bonsainut.com/ ... etc etc

Very strange :)

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
LOL, now I get the error when I log in to the upper right login box. Resulting URL is

http://bonsainut.com/forums/login.php?do=login

Maybe it's my browser...since no one else seems to be complaining!

Edited to add...but the next try it worked fine.

You know...for some reason my old link in my favorites folder was to "www.bonsainut.com". When I removed the www and logged in, it redirected fine. I'm not sure why that would matter. Anyway, I'm going to use that and see how it behaves over the next few days. Will let you know.

Chris

Last edited:

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
LOL, now I get the error when I log in to the upper right login box. Resulting URL is

http://bonsainut.com/forums/login.php?do=login

Maybe it's my browser...since no one else seems to be complaining!

No, I was just messing with you because I was changing some code as you were trying to log in. Try it now. Should be fixed :)

There was a redirect issue depending on how you were coming into the site. If you had your bookmark set to http://www.bonsainut.com it was not behaving the same way as if you typed "bonsainut.com" or came in via "http://bonsainut.com". A quirky bug to be sure.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I'm still getting overlapping text only on the right side of my screen on all screens that list forums or messages. I've switched fonts, and sizes and that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I'm still getting overlapping text only on the right side of my screen on all screens that list forums or messages. I've switched fonts, and sizes and that doesn't seem to make any difference.

Thanks jkl. Any way you can take a screenshot and post it here as an attachment? Which browser do you use?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
searching for old posts seems to not work very well. Is this by design or indicative of a problem? For instance...I've made 45 posts to the forum but when I click on my profile "show posts" only 1 shows up. And if I use the advanced search to look for posts made by individuals I get only a couple of recent posts, or "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms"

There's a bug in here somewhere that I'm going to have to track down. I can replicate this issue. I can pull up your member info (via the administration panel) and see your total posts, but using the search engine under "search multiple content types" it doesn't seem to matter what I select, I can't find any posts from you. However, if I select "search single content type" and choose "posts" I see all of your posts. These are SUPPOSED to yield the exact same search results (assuming I select the same criteria). I'll let you know when I fix it. In the interim I would recommend using the "search single content type" tab since that seems to be working fine.

Redwood Ryan

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
The writing that shows how I got here (above the thread) is not very visible, it blends into the background. For example, I have to highlight it in order to see:

Forum
General Discussion
Feedback and Suggestions

Know what I'm sayin?? Not a big deal, but just a bit confusing when I forget which forum I'm in ;)

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
The writing that shows how I got here (above the thread) is not very visible, it blends into the background. For example, I have to highlight it in order to see:

Forum
General Discussion
Feedback and Suggestions

Know what I'm sayin?? Not a big deal, but just a bit confusing when I forget which forum I'm in ;)

Yes. I am aware of this and am trying to figure out a solution. It is not a bug, per se, but a formatting problem. The new forum software does not allow me to format the text of nav links to be a different color than the text color for some other areas of the site. Because I have a photo background behind the nav links, they are almost invisible. What I need is to be able to drop a solid color behind the links so you can see them better. They work as intended - i.e. you can click on them to navigate to different levels in the forums. They are just almost impossible to see :)

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Thanks jkl. Any way you can take a screenshot and post it here as an attachment? Which browser do you use?

Ok. Here it is. I use Firefox 7.01.

Attachments

• ScreenShot.jpg
    ScreenShot.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 10

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I find this photo editor pretty time consuming to use. It is not user friendly...one of the main reasons I do not post at IBC.

Can the old editor be integrated into this template?

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
Hmmm. IBC photo posting is fairly straightforward, and the site re-sizes your pictures for you so there are no size limits.

This one is different than before, but still seems easy enough. As you get familiar with any system, it gets easier. Any system stays tough if you don't use it much.

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I find this photo editor pretty time consuming to use. It is not user friendly...one of the main reasons I do not post at IBC.

Can the old editor be integrated into this template?

I'll never say "never" because anything is possible with programming :) Can you tell me specifically what you find the most annoying? I do my editing outside of the site and then link the photos directly.

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Its not really an error more like a problem. I mentioned it before, but when looking at a thread if I do not post anything I can hit the back button and my browser will take me back into the forum I was looking at, say I was in pines and went into a thread about a certain pine, but if I post something I have no way to get back into the pines forum unless I go to the top and hit Forum on the top bar and then navigate to pines and click into that thread, if you try to hit the back button on your browser you go back to your reply box, most forums have a link like section, that lists places like this > Forum, pines, certain pine. and you can click on however far you want to go back the closest thing you have here is your Quick Navigation which is actually more steps than to click on the forum on the top bar button that says forum.

ed

Bob O

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B
Hi Nut, the new format is great but I am missing the "View First Unread" tab in threads that I have been to previously.

Thanks for all you do!

Bob O

Last edited:

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
I am missing the "View First Unread" tab in threads that I have been to previously.

Do you see a little green dot beside the title of the thread?

Bonsai Nut

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Its not really an error more like a problem. I mentioned it before, but when looking at a thread if I do not post anything I can hit the back button and my browser will take me back into the forum I was looking at, say I was in pines and went into a thread about a certain pine, but if I post something I have no way to get back into the pines forum unless I go to the top and hit Forum on the top bar and then navigate to pines and click into that thread, if you try to hit the back button on your browser you go back to your reply box, most forums have a link like section, that lists places like this > Forum, pines, certain pine. and you can click on however far you want to go back the closest thing you have here is your Quick Navigation which is actually more steps than to click on the forum on the top bar button that says forum.

ed

Believe it or not Ed, it is there. It is just almost impossible to see. It is at the top of the page and the font color is almost the same as the background image.

You would think it would be easy to change the color of this font. Nope. You would think it would be easy to drop a holding shape behind this text to get it to pop better. Nope. I have spent hours trying to figure this out and so far no easy solution without manual coding. I am desperately trying to minimize/eliminate as much manual code on the site as possible - because previously I was having conflicts over time as the underlying site software was updated, or as I tried to add new product modules. I will hopefully figure it out soon :) In the interim you will find that if you mouse over it, it will pop better.

jk_lewis

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7-8
The "New Posts" button seems to work only sporadically. This morning (it happens most often when I log in for the first time in a day) I got a "Sorry, no new posts" message.

Since it had been quite a while sine I'd logged in, I wondered, and went through the list of subforums.

I found 6 messages that had been posted earlier this morning or late last night.

Somehow, the "New posts" button isn't finding that. It usually works fine when I log in a second time later in the day.

Top Bottom